jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Wordpress or Joomla? Why?

1. Azhar Kamar profile image75
    Azhar Kamarposted 8 years ago

Wordpress or Joomla? Why?

2. thesinkfiles profile image62
    thesinkfilesposted 7 years ago

It depends what you want, they are actually different.

Wordpress is more of a blog-style software that you can use to publish news stories and also add content pages to. There are addons you can get and also customize it yourself to add various features to it.

Joomla on the other hand is a CMS (content management system) software that is used to manage all aspects of any site, that doesn't require a blog (though you can add a news section). Joomla is module based meaning you can add different modules and widgets to do whatever it is you need to do for your website

3. net4gains profile image60
    net4gainsposted 7 years ago

Both can be used as CMS and come with variety of features.
    However my favorite is wordpress as it has easy to use interface as compared to joomla.
    Wordpress themes are available in plenty and can be modified with basic programming language.
    Joomla administration is little difficult for non-programmer.

4. Azhar Kamar profile image75
    Azhar Kamarposted 7 years ago

Net4gains, I agree with you.

After trying out Joomla for 5 months, I tried WordPress for only around 2 months and already, I find that the WordPress system is very much easier to customize and understand.

Functionality-wise, Joomla is just tiny a bit better as WordPress lacks some features like, for example, a community-building plugin. I don't think you can create a community site (like Facebook) using WordPress as easy as you can using Joomla.

In conclusion, I would say that generally WordPress is more user-friendly than Joomla and whatever I want to achieve using Joomla, I can, using WordPress and even much easier and better.

So, I'm sticking to WordPress for now. ;-)

5. immortality profile image59
    immortalityposted 7 years ago

Wordpress for the blogging and news related websites.

Joomla for any kind of website, starting from business to portal and directory websites.

The advantage of Wordpress is, the speed and easiness

Joomla! on the other hand is complex but slower than Wordpress

6. diyakapoor profile image55
    diyakapoorposted 7 years ago

If you are looking to create a blog, then wordpress is the best option. As wordpress blog are fully seo friendly and get high search engine rankings in less time period. To create a website, you can choose joomla.

http://wordpress.pixelcrayons.com/

working