jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

do you buy things off ebay?

1. Thomas@theone profile image72
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

do you buy things off ebay?

2. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

I've bought computer software and small electronics such as a cell phone.

3. sabrinaaq profile image58
    sabrinaaqposted 7 years ago

No I have never bought anything and i never will because i don't trust the website, but it seems to be really helpful for other people.

4. Dumbledore profile image88
    Dumbledoreposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, I donot buy much of anything at all.  However, I have bought some tools off e-Bay a few years ago and a computer game that was no longer published.  e-Bay can be a good source for hard to find items.

5. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 7 years ago

I just bought a radio from an Ebay store.  It may be the best radio I have ever bought.  It is a Kaito KA800 and has AM?FM reception as better than the Sony I bought years ago.  It was no problem buying it, paying for it and it arrived on time.

6. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 7 years ago

I buy, sell and have worked for businesses as an eBay merchandiser. One thing I have always been in the habit of doing though is researching the seller and their feedback. I read every negative feedback comment they have and even some of the neutral ones. Also you need to be aware of counterfeit items and the sellers location. I have seen a lot of counterfeit products coming from China and those are usually electronics that are listed for almost lower than retail value. Research your buyer, look at where the item ships from, view all the feedback and what kind of policies the seller has in place. Doing these few things may help and save you money in the long run.

7. happydogs profile image56
    happydogsposted 7 years ago

I love buying things from ebay because it's a highly competitive marketplace. You can find things you can't find anywhere else, and you're almost guaranteed to get the lowest possible price. It also gives you direct access to foreign vendors who can give you better prices than buying retail.

Of course, like anything else, there's due diligence in researching the sellers. Even buying from a reputable source can sometimes lead to an unsatisfactory transaction, though that can happen even when you buy locally. The only advantage to buying locally is that you "know where they live", so to speak.

8. galinaa profile image61
    galinaaposted 7 years ago

I buy and sell on eBay. eBay is a great way to make money online.
    Just set up an account and start working. It's very simple!

9. Thomas@theone profile image72
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

thanks guys, and yes techtrendy, you have to be careful of the chinese electronics. I recently bought a camcorder of ebay from china for a lot lower than retail price. Though i did do my research, it hasn't come yet but hopefully it's not counterfeit hmm

10. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

Trendy Tech is on target. I take a buyer beware attitude when shopping on ebay. Feedback is a double edge sward. A sellers score/reputation can be sabotaged for months by a single transaction. Really, this kind of treatment is not fair to the seller, but then there are posers and those that sell one thing and send another.Counterfeit products, from handbags to  electronics, abound. Remember, you get what you pay for.

11. nifty@50 profile image74
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

I have purchased about 40 items over the years on Ebay! Everything from a tail light to electronic batteries. I always use top rated sellers, consider the shipping price when purchasing and use Pay Pal. I have never had a bad transaction. If you use Pay Pal you have protection plus charge back rights through your credit card company! Never use cash or check! Always use highly rated trusted sellers!

12. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Ofcourse I do... and why not? if I can get a product cheaper than in the stores...

13. crmcdonald profile image58
    crmcdonaldposted 7 years ago

Yes I do. Most of the thigns I buy I look on ebay for. Generally you get things much cheaper.

14. Kirancool77 profile image58
    Kirancool77posted 7 years ago

I have been using this video camera for a few weeks. I shoot mostly inside, and the night shot plus is essential at times or the video is too dark. It doesn't seem to pick up sound too well, either. The video quality is pretty good, but the little DVD disks only hold 30 minutes. Sometimes when I have been recording with the camera on a tripod, the disk has been full and I haven't noticed, and I think I am still recording. There is no audible alarm. I guess two sided discs are available, but I haven't been able to find any yet. Maybe as time goes on I will get more used to it, I have only filled 5 discs so far.

15. dpsimswm profile image59
    dpsimswmposted 5 years ago

I buy things there all the time.  It's a good way to get cheap stuff and build my seller account feedback.

http://dpsimswm.hubpages.com/hub/Get-St … ng-on-Ebay