Why can't I load a youtube video onto my new hub?

1. ThunderKeys profile image64
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

Why can't I load a youtube video onto my new hub?

I just set up a new hub and tried to set up a youtube video capsule. I logged onto youtube, selected the video (tried 2); imported the url and in place of the video there is a big "exlimation mark" with the video unavailable. Any advice? - Thank you.

2. saintodd profile image79
    saintoddposted 7 years ago

An exclamation mark can mean many things. Sometimes it just take a little time to catch up to your request. Try these couple ideas: If it already played for you on youtube - try 1) Deleting the video capsule from your hub and starting again. 2) Make sure you put in the correct URL or the complete URL. 3) Try using another video just to see if the one you are using doesn't work or is broken. 4) Last resort find an alternative video to use. If that one doesn't work for you periodically, it will do the same for your readers.
    Hope that helps.

3. junkseller profile image87
    junksellerposted 7 years ago

This is what I did when I embedded a video from Youtube: click on the "Embed" button below the video and then check the box that says "use old embed code" then copy and paste that code into the "Video URL or Embed code" box in the video capsule.

I Don't know if that is right or wrong or if there is a better/easier way to do it - all I know is that it worked for me.

Actually, I just tested out trying to paste just the URL and that worked fine for me, so I am not sure what the problem is for you. You can give that first option I mentioned a shot.

Also, some videos I think can't be shared. Maybe it is one of them.

working