jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you want the future of the Internet to be more like Google or Facebook?

1. Writing Guy profile image56
    Writing Guyposted 6 years ago

Do you want the future of the Internet to be more like Google or Facebook?

Now that Google and Facebook are entering into face to Facebook combat, who do you hope wins?  Do you want the future of the Internet to be more like Google or Facebook--more like a search engine or a social network?

2. h_blunck profile image47
    h_blunckposted 6 years ago

I like the concept of people sharing with one another - the social aspect. But I also feel it is somewhat strange that we are constantly faced with captcha-checks when entering links on Facebook.

I think Google is getting a bit too dominant with some of their recent activities, and I think it is only fair that users are put at the centre of business decisions rather than showing muscles.

So my bid is more like Twitter: short, sweet and on-topic. :-)

3. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

Definitely more like Google.  I get the feeling that Google is better about privacy, of the two.

4. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

Neither. I doubt either can "win" since they're different in some ways (although Google is definitely trying to behave like Facebook).

5. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 6 years ago

I think it will be like Facebook since Facebook is the social network. Event with Google Plus, I think Facebook will still reign the internet.

6. Doctor Kristy profile image90
    Doctor Kristyposted 6 years ago

Neither. I hate the monopolies they both have.

But of the two, google is the lesser evil in my opinion.

7. atulhost profile image57
    atulhostposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think as internet can be kept limited up to search engines and social websites only. Though they have large number of users but business oriented people spend very less time over such websites.

8. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I like Google and Facebook for what they are, to combine them seems to be useless to me.  I'd never want to go on Facebook to search and find the quick answers to questions I look for on Google, nor would I'd like to go on Google to connect with friends and family.  When I'm looking for news I'll go to MSN or CNN, and I think that these companies trying to become all-in-one providers are only going to hurt themselves by not specializing in one area and therefore just being adequate in all areas.

working