jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Web pages and web designs creating them are they fairly easy for newbies ?

1. graebear profile image70
    graebearposted 6 years ago

Web pages and web designs creating them  are they fairly easy for newbies   ?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you define as "easy." No matter what platform you use, there will be a bit of a learning curve. Just how much of a learning curve depends on just how polished you want your finished page to look. For sites on a WordPress platform, it's pretty easy to get something decent-looking going with just the free page templates and a little customization.

3. tamarindcandy profile image58
    tamarindcandyposted 6 years ago

HTML and CSS aren't too hard. There're also websites that give you a template and building blocks, but personally I find them too inflexible to be useful.

4. giselenmendez profile image60
    giselenmendezposted 6 years ago

I think you should start working with Wordpress, you might find it easier and friendlier. My advice would be not to install every single plugin you'll find because that will give you many headaches. Also you can buy nice templates insuring you'll get support in case there's something wrong or if you need help customizing them, and don't worry about the price because they don't tend to be expensive.

5. Marcy-Lipton profile image60
    Marcy-Liptonposted 6 years ago

go with wordpress, they have thousands of polished looking templates that you can install with a click of button.

It really is an easy, fuss no muss solution to your question.

Also, if you are not into blogging (you should cuz the google bots will love you for it)

you can always turn your wordpress blog into a wordpress Static standard website. again, with a few button clicks

take care and I hope it works out for you!

6. Jennie Demario profile image38
    Jennie Demarioposted 6 years ago

Yes, there are plenty of tools available that make it simple for beginners.  The question is what kind of website are you trying to create?  If you are looking to create a dynamic website it can get tricky but it is a lot of fun to learn.  Once you learn how to code by hand you can be especially creative without limitations.

7. camsolivia profile image76
    camsoliviaposted 6 years ago

There's a site called "Homestead" that is super easy to use, even if you know nothing about creating a website. They have thousands of templates to choose from, all of which you can customize to suit your needs. They offer a free 30 day trial, and then prices start at around $5 a month. Also, they have a fantastic customer service team. Friendly, efficient and super-helpful with anything you need.

working