jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why Does Internet Explorer Freeze Up So Often?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Why Does Internet Explorer Freeze Up So Often?

I'm sure my computer is working fine, but Internet Explorer freezes a lot. I tried out the Firefox browser as a trial and had no problems. Is this just an IE issue, also it seems very slow compared to the Firefox?

2. poshcoffeeco profile image80
    poshcoffeecoposted 6 years ago

It could be that you have an unstable version of windows whatever version you are on. Have you upgraded your operating system lately? If you have it could be that your pc is too slow for the new software.

3. Rachelle Williams profile image90
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

IE freezes because it is a Microsoft product.  Although the software giant is great at advertising, they are not as good as they believe themselves to be at actually developing technology.

Yes, as you might have already guessed, I am an Apple devotee. 

If you are a PC user, you should try downloading Firefox and/or Google Chrome.  Good luck to you.

4. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Internet explorer 7 has poor support for modern javascript libraries like - jquery and scriptaculous. Web applications like gmail, google docs and many other sites use javascript which often freezes up internet explorer. IE Version 9 is much stable and is responsive to the modern web fonts and javascripts. IE 7 and IE 8 are less stable and it's trident engine seems to have lot of bugs.

5. profile image0
    nikashi_designsposted 6 years ago

What is Internet Explorer? From my experience its those dang automatic updates. Every time it happens it crashes or takes so long to update. The last update just a couple of days ago made flash on websites stop working. You can turn off the plug-ins which are under internet options section. or.......

Use CHROME which is by far a superior browser made by a company that knows what is going on in the internet world....Google Plus it integrates without flaw with all the thousands of Google programs. It loads in a few seconds and has never crashed. IE had its day but that day is gone....