jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you "google" to get the exact and focused answers/options for which you'r

1. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 6 years ago

How do you "google" to get the exact and focused answers/options for which you're

Seriously - I tried this afternoon, in an effort to solve a problem at work (with some useful logistical info), to find a simple, unambiguous "political map of Massachusetts".

The pages I got were nonsense - often circular - clicking just brings you back and forth between two or among three or  maybe 4 pages.  I even got something about Russia and Europe - on the first page!

This happens a lot.

What is the right way to use quotes (or not), order your search items, and or word them?  It shouldn't be impossible to "Google" which towns surround you!

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I would personally Google "Massachusetts political map." If that fails, as it so often does these days, I would Yahoo it. I'm getting really tired of the run-around Google has been giving in the last six months -- if I don't want to buy something, it's about impossible to find what I want on many terms.

3. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

if you're looking for a political map then best way i think would be to search through images, not web links.

4. kschang profile image90
    kschangposted 6 years ago

The problem is what you think as a "poltical map" is actually about distribution of political party members, and the best place to find it, is look for the state's voter registration website, and check there.

I checked but I don't see anything obvious. You may want to write them:

5. pierceh profile image67
    piercehposted 6 years ago

Try the search on Bing.com - the results look pretty good to me. Although I'm not 100% sure what you need.

But as wychic said, more and more I'm finding Google pretty tiresome these days. I still use it, but I now use Bing too.

6. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Yeh You can also use Yandex because it is very similar to the way Google used to be.