jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why do you use twitter? Whats it good for?

1. Nspeel profile image77
    Nspeelposted 6 years ago

Why do you use twitter? Whats it good for?

I see almost no point to twitter. Tell me what and why you guys use it.

2. kmuise profile image80
    kmuiseposted 6 years ago

Promoting Blog Posts
    Promoting Affiliate Links

The key is to having a lot of followers and there's a couple ways to do that.  I actually have a hub about it at http://kmuise.hubpages.com/hub/Twitter- … ay-To-Cash

Not promoting myself but you did ask...lol

Ken

3. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Many of us use Twitter to share our hubs and other people's hubs.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image77
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I used to use Twitter as a micro-blog. In 140 characters I could tell anyone who wanted to listen about my day. They could see what I was doing, know what I was listening to, care if they wanted to. After amassing somewhere over 40,000 tweets, I started I no longer had an interest in the site. I still use it for promoting my hubs and it links to my Tumblr, but I don't use it nearly as often as I did last year. I guess I had more to say then. Who knows.

5. East Texas Girl profile image60
    East Texas Girlposted 6 years ago

I didn't see a point to Twitter at first either, but I tried it for my small craft business.  You have to follow people at first and then some will follow you.  After a while more and more people follow you.  The  trick is that you have to cross promote other peoples work and they will cross promote yours.
    I have started a Twitter account for my Hubs.  It has been very slow starting out all over again.  Here is a link if anyone is interested on following.
    http://twitter.com/#!/ETexasGirl

6. BWD316 profile image85
    BWD316posted 6 years ago

joining twitter during the Iran protests in 2009, it imprinted on me the importance of twitter on a political and humanitarian level so that alone shows how important twitter can be.  I also get majority of my news from Twitter.  It also allows me to share many of my ideas, such as hubs.  I've even connected with old friends, who even though we're friends on facebook, we communicate more often through twitter.  On top of it all, it can be pointless, there are things and people you can follow for pure pleasure and entertainment, some people are very creative and will make your day in 160 characters or less! you just have to follow the right people!

7. renegadetory profile image98
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

I love twitter, not only for getting my messages out there (usually they are political ones) but also because I get great tweets from people I follow that have informative links I can't find by myself online.  It is a good tool to promote your blog posts or hub pages too.  Twitter can have many useful benefits.

8. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Twitter is my social network and I have found my friends on twitter to be more useful than facebook or any other network. Twitter is the most powerful social network in the world in my opinion. I experienced a massive retweet many months ago. It only happened once but it convinced me that if you get lucky with some people on Twitter it can bring enormous amounts of instant traffic to a web page. I wrote about this on http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-twitter-u … ffectively

I also think that Tumblr is heading this way with the reblog option.

working