jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your opinion about Google`s new idea to promote Google plus using arrow

1. vinner profile image76
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

What is your opinion about Google`s new idea to promote Google plus using arrow in Google home page?

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Promotion is always a good thing for us here on hubpages.

3. SlyMJ profile image60
    SlyMJposted 6 years ago

Oh, is that what it is? I thought Google was just trying to poke me in the eye.

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I find it a bit distracting, but it's not likely to make me join anymore than just it existing in the first place.

5. mesacleanpools profile image59
    mesacleanpoolsposted 6 years ago

I think it's a really good idea. A little distracting but I'm sure it will be removed eventually.

6. whoisbid profile image78
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I think that they are showing everyone that it is ok to overly promote something that is not entirely relevant from a trusted website. I give up on google webmaster because they don't like people doing things like this but I guess it is ok for google to do it.

I think that Google should not mix social things with their traditional search. They should develop a social search page like they were formerly doing with Twitter feed (Google Realtime) but for some reason they shut it down.

I wonder what facebook are thinking.. Hmm! I am going to ask this question soon

7. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

SInce I already have a Google+ account, I just see the blue arrow as a way to remind me that I can get to my profile by going up to the left-hand corner of the screen, as well as going up to right-hand corner of the screen. So I just see it as a little bit of "get-to-your-Google-profile" over-kill, but if they want to offer a second option for me to get to my Google+ profile - it's fine.

8. Jared Zane Kessie profile image91
    Jared Zane Kessieposted 6 years ago

I am not always a fan of product promotions, but Google's low key marketing arrow sure beats other forms of advertising, such as spamming your inbox.

I think over time we will see the removal of the arrow as Google + is still trying to get a foothold on the realm of social networking.