jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which is the best Android tablet?

1. eye say profile image80
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

Which is the best Android tablet?

2. charlemont profile image81
    charlemontposted 6 years ago

If only specs are considered, Motorola Xoom looks pretty awesome. It's more like a real powerful computer than a toy.

3. whatarethenews profile image58
    whatarethenewsposted 6 years ago

According to me Samsung ITAB is the best choice. It is smart, good looking and durable with i think dual core 1.4 GH.

4. vinner profile image75
    vinnerposted 6 years ago

My vote goes to Samsung Galaxy Tab. It is the only tablet that is comparable with iPadd

5. eric2112 profile image81
    eric2112posted 6 years ago

When shopping for an Android tablet, features will be highly dependant on how much you are willing to spend.

Some tablets that have very similar specs are the Asus Transformer TF101, Motorola Xoom, Acer Iconia A500 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. These all offer a 10.1" Capacitive touch screen, at least 16GB of built in storage, dual core 1GHz processors and Android Honeycomb 3+. Most if not all of these will be upgraded to the new Android version of Icecream Sandwich in the next few months as well which is an important factor to think about. This grouping of tablets ranges in price between about $250 USD and $450 USD. and will most likely drop in price as the next generations come into the market. The Transformer Prime for example will be approximately $450 USD and will feature a slimmer design and a quadcore processor.

If you are just getting your feet wet with Android, there are several 'Off-Brands' that you can find on Ebay and other online retailers. One that sticks out in my mind is MiD, which has an iPad clone that runs Android. These tablets are much cheaper than the bigger brands but also lack some of the features that some may consider vital. This is up to the consumer however. Some of the features that the lower priced options may (but not necessarily) lack would be a capacitive touch screen. This is the glass based screen that requires no finger pressure to operate. The non-glass screens are referred to as 'resistive', meaning that you need to apply pressure with your finger to operate. Some of these do not support multi-touch gestures. This group of tablets may also not ship with Android Honeycomb and may also not be upgradeable. This is not to say that the spirited user could not upgrade the device themselves. There is a wealth of information on tablets around the web to accomplish such a goal. This group of devices can be purchased for as low as $100 USD.

I hope that this helps you in your quest for a tablet.

Have a great day!!!
    ~E~

6. iefox5 profile image57
    iefox5posted 6 years ago

It depends on what your needs are. If you are looking at something like a household brand with a higher budget, take a look at Google, Samsung or Asus. If you are looking at tablets under $250, you should really look into the rising Chinese brands, the most famous ones being Huawei and Ainol.

They are usually in very good quality (not some random white label rubbish) and low priced, other brands including Onda, Cube, ICOO and Ployer...

working