jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are we going to be media addicted?

1. loveorlost profile image38
    loveorlostposted 6 years ago

Are we going to be media addicted?

Anything we want we reffer to internet or other media. Is it the easiest way? or we just dont want to look at yellow pages?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes. We already are media addicted. Instead of sitting down and hand writing a letter, we type it up and sent it via email. I doubt if American children even know where a postoffice is in their area. Luckily, I know one exists four blocks away.
    But instead of the yellow pages or dictionaries, we have the internet. Just type in what you are looking for in google and you can have more of what you want where you never knew it existed. And if you need to look up the description of a word, type it into dictionary.com and you get four different possibilities.

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 6 years ago

I have seriously been considering returning to a time belfore the internet.  Any information I need is at the click of a mouse, but is it information worth having, I am beginning to wonder.  I am beginning to think there is an information overload, and when I look back to a time when I read books or visited the local library, I am sure I had more of an attention span, and was less easily bored.  Now, if I pick up a book, I quickly put it down, because I cannot concentrate on it.

4. Craig Suits profile image77
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

The internet is absolutly the best way of finding anything. Just Google one word  for instance and walla, you got the whole world at your finger tips. Most of you are relativly young and don't have any idea how lucky you are having a media such as the internet.
    I was around when there was no consumer electronics at all. Not even a transistor for sale but as they say, out with the old and in with the new, always comes with a price. Way too many of us are fat, weak, lazy, and half blind from sitting in front of the screen too long but it still beats thunbing through the Yellow Pages and trying to find a convienant place to keep your 32 volume Britanica.

5. JON EWALL profile image74
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

YES , internet is the first place! A word, a click and a world of information.

Beats sending a letter and paying for a $.44 cent stamp

working