Do internet romances ever work out or are the just flights of fancy ?

1. Sunnysmiles profile image60
    Sunnysmilesposted 6 years ago

Do internet romances ever work out or are the just flights of fancy ?

Online dating is becoming very popular, is it a trend that works or are people just fooling themselves, can an internet romance blossom and work, what if the couple meet online yet live in different countries ? Is it safe to meet someone you have never met in real life ?
    Can romance be found through the internet ?

2. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

My wife and I met online ten years ago. At the time I was looking for information about travelling in the US I was in England.. So it was not with the intent of looking for romance. In the end the romance came.

I do think long distance relationships can work out. It just takes time and effort. 

A relationship has to start somewhere, online is just another place to make initial meetings, it is little different from meeting someone through a dating agency or a blind date set up by friends.

I would not say it is a bad place to meet people, just that one needs to be careful. As in all situations one needs to prepare for bad things to happen, they almost certainly will at some point. Not neccesarily meeting an axe murderer, but meeting someone who makes you uncomfortable  one needs to take things carefully at first and not to get carried away with a new relationship, again though, that is just as likely to happen in a more "traditional" meeting at the start of a relationship.

3. Dillon James profile image59
    Dillon Jamesposted 6 years ago

My original feelings about the validity of internet relationships were somewhat cynical; to say the least. "How can you claim feelings of a romantic nature when you don't actually have any physical contact with another?" Yet with the way of things, I met a beautiful girl from the Philippines via a dating site, and now we have been together in real life for more than a year....and I thought that this could never happen to me!