jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In the past ten years, how many cell phones have you gone through?

1. Jbern117 profile image70
    Jbern117posted 5 years ago

In the past ten years, how many cell phones have you gone through?

What happened to them; did they just go out of date, or did you break them like I did? (oops)

since my first cell phone in when I was 13 or so... only 6 years ago, I've gone through 7, breaking all but one of them due to water damage or physical abuse (I know, I'm a bad person), and now that I bought a smartphone (droid bionic), I carry it around in the most massive tank of a case I could find online, and haven't even dropped it yet!

2. Cristale profile image86
    Cristaleposted 5 years ago

Maybe only 2 or 3. I like having the same phone and phone number for years. I have trouble adjusting to change, unless it's upgrading for a better and newer one. As far as breaking or water damage, it's never happened.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I had a clam shell Sprint phone for a while, that was really durable - I ran it over with the car once and it survived. Then there was the nTelos phone, then a Verizon phone - I liked that one because it was red with a slide out keyboard, a Cricket phone and now an At&T windows smart phone. So five since 2006 when I got my first cell phone and all because I moved to areas that weren't serviced by my previous carriers or I switched providers. I do drop my phone a lot, I'm trying to quit that.

4. Marc Rohde profile image69
    Marc Rohdeposted 5 years ago

I would guess I have gone though about 10 but I have administered a corporate cell account for many of those years so I have wrangled upgrades to newer tech as part of the sales pitch.

5. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

I've only owned cellphones since Oct. 2009, and have had 5 so far.
    While the first one was o.k., I upgraded because I needed a camera phone- when it turned out the camera phone didn't work very well, I bought one from a neighbor- only had it a short while when a store cashier tossed an open dish-detergent bottle into the bag on top of it and destroyed it- I then got one I really liked, although it was rather heavy, but went back to a basic cellphone after changing service providers. 
    So that's the story of why I've had so many cellphones-  and I've actually had the current one since 12/10.

6. Silwen profile image80
    Silwenposted 5 years ago

I am not sure was it 3 or 4 cell phones. 1 was stolen, and 2 broke because they became too old. I do not like changing cells. I use one until it breaks.