jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Which has the best software for music? MAC or PC?

1. msLarayne profile image72
    msLarayneposted 5 years ago

Which has the best software for music? MAC or PC?

2. Stigma31 profile image68
    Stigma31posted 5 years ago

Easy answer....PC...they have all the same as the Mac plus a whole lot more...Mac is good just not as plentiful

3. Nesbyte profile image85
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

I'm inclined to agree with Stigma31, although it depends on what exactly you want to do. Music editing, I presume? Anyway, although I think PC's have the edge, it seems that everyone I know how uses a computer "creatively" i.e. drawing, music, photography etc. swears by Macs. That said, I think that might just be personal preference rather than the actual software.

4. jose7polanco profile image73
    jose7polancoposted 5 years ago

Mac, comes with great software included, better options re available if you want something really extremely pro.

5. Oscortega profile image71
    Oscortegaposted 5 years ago

Mac, by far. 
    When it comes to recording and editing music, I've tried many with both Mac and PC platforms.  And I've come to the conclusion that Mac beats the PC hands down when it comes to professional level recording and editing.  I believe the Macs stable operating system has a lot to do with it.
      I use my Mac with Pro Tools, which is used professionally throughout many audio industries for recording and editing music and more.  There are so many items available with and for Pro Tools like virtual instruments, Midi editing and control, notation, and many other plug-ins from third-party publishers. 
    The PC has a very powerful studio system that I used to have lots of fun with called FL Studio.  FL Studio also offers the ability to work with some third-party plug-ins.  Their more popular entry level software is affectionately called "Fruity Loops".
    If your into music editing as I am you'll enjoy anyone of these wares.

1. jose7polanco profile image73
      jose7polancoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We use garagebnd for the church band, we create our own chords and music and also try out some new music from other artists. We also use my mac for recording the preaches and we do video editing. It was a pain in the hands and back to do it on a PC

6. miyagi714 profile image38
    miyagi714posted 5 years ago

MAC by far. iTunes is the best music player in the world.

7. Rasman1 profile image59
    Rasman1posted 5 years ago

Well I found a website that has some useful information for the best music software it may help you out. There are some great articles on different types of music software that may help you choose which is best for you. I prefer Sonar but DAW's like Dub Turbo, Sonic Producer, and Dr, Drum are great.

Check Out http://www.thebestmusicsoftware.com/