jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How useful do you find the creation of folders in your computer?

1. javid1985 profile image79
    javid1985posted 4 years ago

How useful do you find the creation of folders in your computer?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8158216_f260.jpg

2. ryansccs profile image87
    ryansccsposted 4 years ago

I find the more organized I am, the less time I find myself wasting time on searching for something, thus time is money, and if creating a folder keeps things organized, it saves money.  Very useful.

3. Bruce Bostwick profile image77
    Bruce Bostwickposted 4 years ago

It is a lot easier to create the folders and have it set up for organization.  That way, I do not have to search all over the computer to find the files or programs that I am looking for.  Without it, I would have to spend some unnecessary time having to look for anything that shouldn’t take too long to find.  In essence, I find it very useful.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. It helps me find everything if they are correctly labeled. However, if there are too many layers of folders, it's easy to get lost.

5. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 4 years ago

Not using folders is like trying to find something on those grocery store bulletin boards--it's all there but you have to know what you are looking for and how to find it. It is becoming less and less of an issue as operating systems evolve. In fact, Windows 8 file search makes finding things on your computer a snap. I recently downloaded a few historical photos from the Internet and couldn't find them because I use 3 different browsers so I have multiple download folders. The Windows search was easy since I knew a unique keyword in the file name,

6. anapaul647 profile image59
    anapaul647posted 4 years ago

Creating folder is mean organizing your files in a proper way for ex:if  you have a photos you can create a folder with a name photos/albums/pic and keep all your pic over there your videos on your video or movie folders so if you want to search the file you can easily access the files.

7. myefforts profile image82
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

Creating folders to place similar things together is much better than putting everything at one place and when things pile up too much, it is hard to find the required one.

working