jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

What are reasons to unfriend someone on Facebook?

1. ChristyWrites profile image79
    ChristyWritesposted 3 years ago

What are reasons to unfriend someone on Facebook?

Curious... I think I would unfriend someone who put a lot of spammy posts into my Facebook feed. How about you?

2. Hackslap profile image88
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

I've unfriended people off FB if I got into a personal spat with them ..but that's rare...otherwise deleting someone means you care too much which shouldn't be what you're hinting in general..... if you knw what I mean?

ChristyWritesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Aha, I understand. It's amazing how personal I have seen some of those FB arguments be too!

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

I would unfriend the opposite sex for getting too flirty and personal when they have been given no reason to be. Usually you can ignore most and they take the hint but some you just have to write them off. .

Great point, Jackie! There certainly are 'flirts' online. You stay safe and smiling smile

4. raymondphilippe profile image81
    raymondphilippeposted 3 years ago

If i unfriend someone it is usually due to god related stuff or right wing politics promotion.  I like to keep my friends list lean and clean ;-)

That makes sense. I do see political discussions quite a bit on Facebook. That surprised me to see that when I my friend list started to grow.

5. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 3 years ago

If they consistently and forever post music video after music video,day in, day out, that nearly no one watches.

Ah, those die-hard music fans! smile

6. coolbreeze profile image51
    coolbreezeposted 3 years ago

If they contact people on my list and act stupid to them. If they become health professions or Lawyers that believe they are helping people. Sure spammy posts or if they are young women trolling.

Aha, I was wondering how long before someone mentioned the word "troll"! That certainly is bold to contact people on your friends list - thanks for telling me about that happening.

7. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Gossip, things they say causing hurt feelings, untruth, and worrying about things that are none of their business.

Yes, people can get quite personal over in FB world. I don't like gossip, whether it's on FB, other network or in real life.

8. markmorgangenius profile image91
    markmorgangeniusposted 3 years ago

I have blocked a couple of my friends. Actually they tried to be over smart and made a post to mock me and destroy my reputation among my colleagues. But they messed with the wrong guy. I made a comment on their post and then made a post that backfired on them. Later they requested me to remove my post from fb.
    So reputation is one thing that I feel should not be messed with so I blocked those two friends for good.
    Generally people unfriend if a person is spammer, uses abusive language, unnecessarily tags you, tries to defame you, makes fun of your religion or feeling. I forgot to mention about my girlfriend that used to block me when she was mad at me but luckily I made her to unblock me.

It's interesting, isn't it Mark, the way people act on Facebook and other social networks! Your comment here reminds me that people do things online that they wouldn't do in real life. Thanks for the feedback!

working