jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My hyperlink does not work most of the time. Anyone else having this problem?

1. carol7777 profile image89
    carol7777posted 3 years ago

My hyperlink does not work most of the time. Anyone else having this problem?

I just wanted to know this happens often?

2. sachin001 profile image35
    sachin001posted 3 years ago

What type of hyperlinks are you talking about; i mean is it your affiliate links or external links or the links to internal hubpages or your link to hubpage? Please make it bit clear...

3. bravewarrior profile image91
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

Carol, are you highlighting the text in which you want to embed the link, then clicking on the chain in the text box? That's where you add the link. If you copy the link from the search bar on which the page appears, you can just paste it into the link box.

It's best to copy/paste so you get the entire URL. Perhaps you're missing some of the http://www and all the forward slash parts of the link. That's the only thing I can think of that would stop your hyperlinks from working.

Also, if you're copy/pasting from Word, check the links before you add the copy to your hubs.

1. carol7777 profile image89
      carol7777posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I finally got it to work and followed your advice..But, it only links back to the original hub...Another site as me to write an article and hyperlink to the site.  Thanks for the help here. They sent me the correct link to copy and paste.

2. bravewarrior profile image91
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Carol, follow this practice for all links you want to embed. I also recommend writing all your hubs in Word before you post them. That way you have record and you can test your hyperlinks. Word 2007 wants you to paste the copied link via Control V.

working