Why Do You Think Google Is The Leading Search Engine?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. traveleze profile image45
    travelezeposted 9 years ago

Why Do You Think Google Is The Leading Search Engine?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12159109_f260.jpg

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Because it is a bully.  Then again it isn't too bad to be a bully sometimes especially in business and internet.  One has to push forward to get ahead of the competition.  Personally though, I hate them.  They are way too snoopy in our lives and for writing sites, they change up way too often making it very difficult for sites like this one to stay ahead or even on an even playing field.

1. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You make an excellent point. I just did a Google search for a local Chicago Pizza restaurant and when I came back to my HP page there is an "ad choice" banner of the very restaurant I just searched! Coincidence? I think not! smile

3. cyoung35 profile image80
    cyoung35posted 9 years ago

Google is the leading search engine because they know how to make money by giving people results that they want. They simplified the way we search for things on the internet and gave us more relevant results.

That said, people are now in the habit of going to Google to search the internet. But watch out because Bing is now taking some of their market share by offering points for every search you do then you can trade in those points for gift cards, discounts or entries into sweepstakes to win prizes. It's an ingenious way to buy Google's users and personally I like Bing results better than Google.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bing was here long before Google and did a great job before and during and will continue to do more.  I used that before I used google.  Google is what this site is using and so I switched to this instead of IE.

2. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bing stands no chance, really. Google is everpresent, while Bing is niche. "Google" is a word you hear people say daily and understand immediately what they're doing, while "Bing" just sounds like someone's making a goofy sound effect.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a rule to everything in life:  What goes up must come down and the bigger they are the harder they fall.

4. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

For me Google is the "go to search engine". I find it to be faster and more often it pulls up the information I'm looking for on the first page.
    Many years ago I used Yahoo and something called AltaVista but once I discovered Google it became my prime choice. In fact I doubt there is a day that goes by when I don't use it whether it be to look up historical information, news events, phone numbers, or view directions and street views of locations.
    I've attempted to use Bing a few times but overall for (me) it oftentimes didn't pull up the information I was looking for on the first page. However I must admit it has gotten better and in many ways it's interface is starting to resemble Google.

1. traveleze profile image45
      travelezeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Best Answer, i agree completely google gives the best results simple

5. M. T. Dremer profile image84
    M. T. Dremerposted 9 years ago

I think some of its popularity also comes from its simplicity. Most other search engines (yahoo, msn) are also trying to be news websites. The search bar is almost hidden by all the other stuff they want you to see. Google might be one of the last dedicated engines and even they have tiny links in the corners for gmail and such.

6. bootstrapper profile image60
    bootstrapperposted 9 years ago

I think because google is awesome. Their keyword intelligence is awesome. I mean, whenever you search for specific thing, it gives you the accurate results highlighted automatically. This is awesome. It's like you are personally talking to some one specialized in that field.

Just search for any actor's upcoming movie. And it will tell you all of the details including date to be released and other information. Just search as follow: "[actor's name] upcoming movies" .... e.g., johnny depp upcoming movies
    and it will give you the movie names and other information at the top of all of the search results.

7. pro-tekconsulting profile image59
    pro-tekconsultingposted 9 years ago

Google is the knowledge Search Engine and it's growing with new technologies everyday, In my view nobody can't be like google. in Future...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)