jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is the longest time you went without electronics? Is life more relaxing wit

1. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

What is the longest time you went without electronics? Is life more relaxing without them?

2. Safari Chic profile image71
    Safari Chicposted 2 years ago

About a month. I had to ship my Dell desktop computer to get it fixed. Their shipping time is slow. Yes, definitely life is more relaxing without them.

Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I was camping in the woods for over a week.  I was in a dead zone so I didn't even' have cell connection.  The world was a different place.

3. MarieLB profile image81
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Life without electronics is unthinkable for me!  It is like saying what is life without electrics?  No stove, no microwave, no toaster, no liquidizer. . .can you imagine cooking as they did 100 years ago?

That is what a life without my 'puter, tablet, phone etc. . .would be like for me.

I live a full life with many varied pursuits and my electronics make it easier and more full for me.

4. junkseller profile image86
    junksellerposted 2 years ago

I lived in a tent for 18 months. I was still going to school and working so had access to electronics there, but at my campsite, I had nothing. Most of my junk I didn't really miss.

Relaxing probably isn't the word I would use. Thoughtful, would probably be more apt. There were times I'd come to my campsite and just sit on a log musing. Nobody really does that much anymore I suspect, and I found it extremely worthwhile.

A lot of our modern world really is just noise.

5. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12455221_f260.jpg

About a month, I only had one computer then.  It went kaplunk and had it fixed in California.  However, I ordered a second backup computer to keep myself occupied.  No, life ISN'T relaxing without them.  I NEED MY ELECTRONICS !!!!!

6. Faceless39 profile image92
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I've gone camping and pack hiking without electronics. My record is 9 days. It's amazing how soothing and calming it is without them around. You become a lot more aware of your surroundings, and your part in the greater whole. A lot more introspective. I think it's a good thing to do at least every year, if not more often than that.

Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That has been my experience as well.

7. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

It's not relaxing; it's boring. You can only keep yourself occupied with books and sketch pads for so long before you feel your sanity drifting away and the question of who that one voice actor is will drive you up the wall.

working