Is this the longest time HP has gone without updating earnings?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)
  1. sweetzara profile image77
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

Is this the longest time HP has gone without updating earnings?

Earnings are pending since past five days (25th of July 2012).

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6956548_f260.jpg

2. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

I've only been watching for a couple of months. It's the longest I've seen, but not longer than what I've seen before.

When I consider what needs to be done to keep HubPages running with a small staff, I think it's amazing that they shoot for daily updates. I can imagine one person responsible for this every workday, plus sending out our pay once a month, plus a host of other tracking, checking, QA & accountability steps that must be done, because think what a mess would be if any of this info is wrong. And this great guy/gal deserves a day off now and then, and probably gets the flu, too, like the rest of us. I'm old enough to remember when earnings reports came 3 months after the ending of any year, for goodness sake!

3 cheers for Team HubPages!

1. starstream profile image42
      starstreamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I guess this is an improvement from long ago!

2. Lauryallan profile image69
      Lauryallanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Surely most of this process is automated.... I really can't imagine someone going through each account on HP to do this. You would need a team dedicated to that single task if that were the case....

3. SidKemp profile image84
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The updates are in! Lauryallan, you're right. It's hugely automated. There's a lot of automated work, and automated checking. That generates exception reports, which are handled manually. Still a lot of work. See my hub on Operations Mgmt. tools.

3. profile image0
    whowasposted 11 years ago

Hey relax!

It'll get sorted. In the meantime - write another hub!

smile

4. DS Duby profile image82
    DS Dubyposted 11 years ago

It's not a big issue, they will get it finished well before the next payday.

1. DS Duby profile image82
      DS Dubyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just got most of my update but they still owe me for the 29th

5. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 11 years ago

I usualy find they are pending around the weekend, plus they paid everyones earnings on the 28th which may have delayed things a bit. I got paid on time as usual this month, and am not worried about the earnings still pending as they always sort them out in the end :-)

6. Gabby McMahon profile image69
    Gabby McMahonposted 11 years ago

it always gets sorted eventually, so not worried....

7. robhampton profile image92
    robhamptonposted 11 years ago

The longest I've seen. I too got paid though, so not sure why it's pending so long. I think I look like that clown in the photo lol.

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

Hehe!  Normally it is only 1 or 2 days, maybe 3 days delay - It is certainly getting beyond that!  It maybe isn't HP's fault though, as far as I understand it, as they have to collect data from external advertisers etc?

9. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

Seriously, it was a long wait, but they just updated mine, for the first time in 5 days; I'm rich now...  Cheers!

1. robhampton profile image92
      robhamptonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No update yet here, hopefully I will be next!

2. drsohel profile image67
      drsohelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've also got the update. Hope everyone here also got their updates......

3. robhampton profile image92

yep, got it. Finally!!

4. zoey24 profile image75
      zoey24posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine has been updated, hope yours all have too :-)

10. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

I kind of like the anticipation of not seeing it each day some how, it makes me wonder if I'm going to get that huge pay out for once, LOL.

Its cool though no sweat, I'm writing hubs like crazy so I feel what your stepping in here for sure, it will be here by August 1st I bet.

1. robhampton profile image92

I like your answer. I need to be more patient. lol!

11. poshcoffeeco profile image80
    poshcoffeecoposted 11 years ago

I must admit, I haven't noticed it as long as this before although they have been added on now.

12. profile image0
    Domenick Dicceposted 11 years ago

The longest I saw it delayed was a little over a week.  2-3 days is very common. They always catchup and you will get credit. For future reference one day they put everybody at zero views and the problem was quickly fixed within 24 hours. 

A lot of Hubpages is automatic and there will be glitches every now and then. I would not worry about it.  Just keep writing Hubs like normal and they will work it all out.

13. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

Yes, this is the longest time HubPages has gone without updating earnings since I joined.  It appears they are finally getting caught up.  They need to do a shake up to find people that can put procedures in place, so these long delays do not happen.  How can the same problem happen over and over again and not be corrected?

14. Cathleena Beams profile image78
    Cathleena Beamsposted 11 years ago

I can recall waiting about a week a few months ago, so five days doesn't phase me now.  I do like the surprise of seeing the amount jump up all of a sudden.

15. Moon Daisy profile image79
    Moon Daisyposted 11 years ago

Mine are there for up until Sunday (yesterday).  Hopefully yours have updated now too.  I've noticed them being a couple of days late before.  But I don't look at them that often, so don't know the longest time they have gone without updating.  They always seem to catch up in the end though. smile

16. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 11 years ago

I think there was a forum post somewhere last month that said HubPages has to wait for outside reporting from other companies that participate in the Ad program process. So, even as this may be the longest time I have seen for updating, it may not be a HP issue, but rather a vendor issue. Regardless, HP always comes through.
    Cheers~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)