jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has Anyone Noticed An Uptick In Random and Suspicious Facebook Friend Requests?

1. Rock_nj profile image94
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

Has Anyone Noticed An Uptick In Random and Suspicious Facebook Friend Requests?

Seems like more and more random and suspicious Facebook Friend Requests are coming from people on Facebook with little or no history.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Think it's part of a fishing scam of information?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11921896_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Probably. I get a lot of such requests, I figure they must be due to my sharing my Hubs frequently in a lot of FB "groups" catering to my interests (hard rock/heavy metal music and/or "B" movies). I don't accept friend requests from anyone I don't know personally so when I do get those, I chalk it up to the price of doing business on FB and hit "IGNORE."

3. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

One or two, not really that many. What I've noticed is "friends" appearing that I have not friended. I don't mean people posting on my friend's posts. I mean actual posts of individuals whom I don't know and have not friended. Where are those coming from?

4. Venkatachari M profile image53
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I do not get friend requests like that. But, I am scared at inbox messages. People unknown to me and might be too young ladies greeting me with 'hi' 'how do you do', etc.in my facebook inbox. I simply ignore all of them.

working