Where can I find clients who need websites created from scratch??

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

I wanted to know of a place where I could find clients who needed websites created from scratch. All the freelance sites just have jobs for tweaking current websites. I'm a professional when it comes to creating sites from scratch.
    I'm creating a sample now for any of you to check out and once its completed for my clients to check out

<link snipped> (It's not live and is still under construction just began half an hour ago)

1. ronhi profile image66
      ronhiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go to freelancer.com awesome place to get all kinds of jobs

lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok will try that sad I always found it hard. I needed a sort of marketplace wherein I could provide the links of samples and clients could contact me to create sites for them.
        Thanks will check it out.

2. lobobrandon profile image89

I guess I'll use the freelancer.com marketplace smile
        Thanks.

Will go ahead and create some sample sites now.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IMO the best place is to build your own professional website and advertise on it.  The more someone likes what they see, the better chance you may have of them hiring you.

What is your hourly rate/site page rate and what is your satisfaction guarantee?

My hourly rate can be anywhere around 20 and satisfaction guarantee 100% - I tweak till the client is happy
        What's IMO? I'll google it now thanks big_smile

2. Misty Anderson profile image56
        Misty Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Creating your business website is advertising your creative work.

3. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hey Brandon,
      First, good to meet a fellow hack.
      Second, getting clients is the same as any other business: sales/marketing. For Web or App development it is often touch and go.

1. A diverse portfolio is key.
      2. Skillset:
      -Which languages do you speak (css3, html5, RoR, Jquery, PHP)
      -Which data types do you prefer (django, mysql, etc)
      -Which eCom do you prefer
      -Do you create both UI/UX, graphics, etc
      -Do you build Web and Apps
      3. Rates: Too high and it translates shoddy work at NYC agency prices. Too low translates to shoddy work at outsourced prices.
      4. Do you work with SU's and are you willing to do Sweat Equity or Equity Splits.
      5. Sell it Yourself via social networking. Chances are you know at least 12pp who need or want to build a website.
      6. Never use Craigslist, etc. Terrible clients, terrible developers.

Especially #4. From the OP it seems you want to build fresh, not refurbish, yes? My recommendation, if you're solid and confident, would be to connect with StartUps and mingle with Angel Investors. You can probably build an MVP in 2-3 months and earn a nice paycheck as well as reputation and powerful portfolio.

Cheers,
      James

2. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Good chance your link will get snipped.  May be a better idea to post the link to your profile page, and say that:  "If you're interested in seeing what I have to offer, please go to my profile page.  I have posted a link...."

Oh sad thanks
      If it's snipped will do that.

3. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Email me your rates... I have many, many domains and clients.

I take it that you build multi-paged sites also?

This is a relatively basic template that you are showing here.

Pearl I just completed it. It's a basic thing and not a template only for an indication of what I can do.
      I'll contact you via a PM

1. Reality Bytes profile image76
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am interested in possibly branching out with my own site.  I already checked out your profile and saw the rates.

Problem, due to certain curcimstances I am unable to hold a bank account.  Is there a way to pay via money order etc....

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I design websites too, but if you're thinking of starting your own site just to write, then you really don't need to pay someone to create it.   Buy yourself a domain name, attach it to Blogger and off you go.

2. profile image52
        ishita517posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi !

I'm interested to work with you. please send me your email address and I could send you a portfolio of works. Thanks

3. profile image53
        manshu0210posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pearl,

I have my own website design and development company in New Delhi, India. We have work experience of more than 6 years in dynamic websites and we are expert in making responsive websites.

My hourly rate is: $23/hr

I will be obliged if you could provide me some work.

4. Rod Rook-Chungong profile image57
        Rod Rook-Chungongposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pearl,

I work for B&W Global and we are looking for clients who are searching for website IT/development help. I know you post this 17 months ago but I wanted to reach out to you to see if you have clients who are looking for website IT/development.

Thanks

2. brandasaur profile image59
      brandasaurposted 12 years ago

I am a full time web designer and i started joining in contests (websites lie Hatchwise). After a month i browsed through the outsourcing websites like Freelancer and oDesk and got some projects. I later left those websites and started exploring SEO and Internet Marketing forums and since then, clients contacts me regularly. A simple portfolio website is useful too and will make you look professional. Goodluck!

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

I just checked profile and did not see anything about website rates. Most professional website creators also are familiar with SEO, which makes me question your skills, since you asked how to find potential customers.

1. safiq ali patel profile image66
          safiq ali patelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You could advertise your web creation business by using google adwords to publicize your skills....

1. profile image53
            manshu0210posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Linda,

I have my own website design and development company in New Delhi, India. We have work experience of more than 6 years in dynamic websites and we are expert in making responsive websites (SEO based).

My hourly rate is: $23/hr

I will be obliged if you could provide me some work.

2. expertscolumn profile image66
          expertscolumnposted 11 years ago

To get clients
          1. Be an expert with a CMS like CMSMadeSimple.org or Drupal (Drupal.org)
          2. Go on their forums and you will find hundreds of job offers

3. profile image35
          Ravi 46posted 6 years ago

To get clients you can go for FIVERR, URBANCLAP and many do some searching you will definitely get results and also you can go website99.net a delhi based website designing company also providing leads to design and development of website and promote it.

4. lobobrandon profile image89
          lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Quite a few people posting spam on this thread. For those who actually respond with real info. This is a really really old thread and at the time I wanted to get into CSS and PHP without having to host a domain of my own. Gone a long way from here, and I did learn all this and more and did find these clients and still get requests. So for those who helped, thanks, but let this thread RIP now smile The next thing is learning C++ to simulate fluid flow, maybe I'll be back in 7 years to see my progress tongue

5. leadsurance profile image60
          leadsuranceposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure if you are still looking for ideas, but a couple good places to get clients that weren't mentioned yet are Fiverr and Konker. It is free to signup on either site and you can advertise your services on these marketplaces. For what it is worth, someone above me mentioned creating your own site and advertising there. I think this is a great approach, it will prove that you know how to provide the service you are selling.

Hope it helps, cheers!

- Keller
          Founder & CEO
          Leadsurance

6. IAmAmritDas profile image61
          IAmAmritDasposted 4 years ago

You can try to make a profile on Guru.Com, Freelancer.com & fiverr.com. There you can get more orders in your niche. Thank You smile

7. profile image58
          NimmyJonesposted 4 years ago

Try Fiverr it will be really useful. Worked for me!

8. profile image57
          manuumanu559posted 2 years ago

I am interested in possibly branching out with my own site.  I already checked out your profile and saw the rates.

9. profile image58
          niklititliposted 2 years ago

I guess I'll use the freelancer.com marketplace smile

10. profile image59
          shurpsurposted 18 months ago

you can try finding clients online, fiver will be a a good option

11. profile image59
          shurpsurposted 18 months ago

i have got many clients on fiver and freelancer netwrosk
          https://get-vidmate.com/  https://instasave.onl/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)