jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What's your experience of Zimbio?

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

Have you used it? What do you think?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You've just reminded me I have an account there!  Off to have a look at it and remind myself why I joined...

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Ah, I remember.  It was a long time ago!

You can submit your blog and your articles will get reposted on Zimbio, with a link back to your blog.

Now I think that's a bad idea, because it posts the entire blog post, not an excerpt and a link - and why would you want to create duplicate content like that?

1. englightenedsoul profile image61
      englightenedsoulposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Marisa I have my hubpages feed there and it only posts an excerpt and link back to my blog.  May be you talking about your wordpress blogs?  The reason they show full posts because wordpress feeds by default are set to show full posts.  You can change that setting from your wordpress dashboard.  I think the option is somewhere in Reading.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It was a Blogger blog that I submitted - are they full posts as well?

1. englightenedsoul profile image61
          englightenedsoulposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, by default they are set to full post, but you can change that to none, full, short and custom.  You can find it in the blogger setting.  In the new interface the option is available in settings-other.

Here is a snapshot.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/Bloggersnapshot.jpg

1. Anamika S profile image74
            Anamika Sposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even I have an account there which I have ignored for long. I need to make some change on the feed options too. Thank you Enlightenedsoul...

3. englightenedsoul profile image61
    englightenedsoulposted 5 years ago

Anamika, I am glad that I was able to help.

1. CyclingFitness profile image92
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you get much traffic through it? I've signed up for it and set up a couple of blogs on there as well as bp- we'll see what happens

working