jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the safest way to carry your money when travelling?

1. stricktlydating profile image78
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

What's the safest way to carry your money when travelling?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 8 years ago

Never, ever, ever carry denominations of currency. Convert all currency you bring with you to travelers cheques. This way, if for some reason you lose or your money is stolen, then at least the travelers cheques can be replaced. If you have currency, it will not be able to be replaced.

3. travelespresso profile image78
    travelespressoposted 8 years ago

Not sure if I'm answering your question in the manner you intended but here goes.  I carry limited amounts of money in a wallet but I keep most of my money in a money belt (around my waist under my clothes).  I try not to dip into my money belt in public.
    I favour using a credit card and something like the Travelex debit card when I'm away for months at a time. 
    I also keep small change somewhere readily accessible for tips or giving away to people in the street asking for it.  That way I don't have to get out my wallet to give a street person a dollar or two.

4. Dankuna profile image56
    Dankunaposted 8 years ago

My advice is to use cash as little as possible. Use credit cards. Don't show expensive gadgets (like phone or photo). Act cool and try to not look like tourist.

5. Mr Nice profile image79
    Mr Niceposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4966696_f260.jpg

American express traveler’s checks or any other travelers checks are the safest. If the checks are lost or stolen, you can get it replaced.
    •  Refunded usually within 24 hours if lost or stolen*
    •  24/7 customer support
    •  Accepted at thousands of locations worldwide
    •  Never expire
    •  Offered in a variety of currencies and denominations to meet your travel needs

working