jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you like about India?

1. Hmrjmr1 profile image81
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

What do you like about India?

2. Riviera Rose profile image71
    Riviera Roseposted 8 years ago

It's just like nowhere else on earth - a sensory overload.  It's utterly chaotic and bursting with unruly energy.  You'll see funny, extraordinary sights everywhere you look, from a cow nonchalently munching a banana skin on a mainline station platform, to a row of washing in the middle of a six-lane highway.  The colours, the smells, the tastes, exquisite architecture, wonderful old forts and palaces - I could go on.  For some of my favourite places, check out my own hub.  (Am I allowed to self-promote like this??!!)  RR

3. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

India is a democratic country consisted of the agglomeration of 570 princely states into an Indian Republic with the people of different culture, language and different religion after being left off by the British. Just after Independence India could not develop because of many factors, one is lacking of finance and of prevailing condition of poverty in the country. But after 1991, the picture is completely changed. The big cities are developed which are in no way inferior to any other developed country. Sea beaches in Maharashtra such as Goa, Sea beaches in Kerala are wonderful places to visit and relish. There is plenty of Hill station such as Simla, Otty, Kashmir, and Hills of Deradun and on the East Darjeeling are worth places to see. Besides these, Taj Mohal is still a wonder of the world. But of course there are places where a tourist can enjoy the life with crowded people because it is in India people are taught to receive the tourists as the gospel of God. It is everywhere in India, a country of universal love, sanctity and faith and well behaved citizen.

4. Bo Heamyan profile image79
    Bo Heamyanposted 8 years ago

I like the fact that I have never felt more alive than when I was in India. Granted, some it was from anger and frustration because of the culture shock, but my senses were continually on fire. When I finally did return home, everything felt very sterile; back in my comfort zone.