jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your favorite accent?

1. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

What is your favorite accent?

different people like different accents.  Which do you find the most attractive and why?

Personally - I love the English accent. Don't know what it is about it, but it's very attractive.

2. kaltopsyd profile image81
    kaltopsydposted 7 years ago

I think my favourite accent is the British accent although I also love the Kiwi and Aussie accents as well. (I actually wrote a whole Hub about that, hehe).

3. FuzzyCookie profile image81
    FuzzyCookieposted 7 years ago

I love Bristish accent but someone I know has a kiwi accent and I love the way they pronounce certain words. Like "bed" its kinda really cute when they speak big_smile

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

There is no such thing as a British, or English accent, unless you are referring to Received Pronunciation, the Queens English, BBC English.  The British Isles have a wide variety of accents, The accents of the all the different areas are different, Irish, both north and south are different with changes in the regions, as are the accents found in Scotland and Wales.  In England, are you talking about Geordie, Brummie, Mancunian, Scouse, West country, South Coast, London, Cockney, East Coast, Yorkshire.
    There are too many choices to say, 'I like the English accent,' and, 'I like the British accent,'  I'm sure this is true of every country in the world.

5. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

MickS, sorry to offend.  I love when I hear people talk in Queen's English.  I've never actually been anywhere outside of America, so I'm not familiar with the different variations of dialect. 
    When I watch TV and hear people who are from England speaking I just adore the way they sound when they talk.

6. Simple Tim profile image55
    Simple Timposted 7 years ago

Like Hugh Grants accent (its suppoed to be 'English' but as MickS says it varies from place to place.). The irish sound good too. Love the way they say their T's. But my favoirte is the Danish accent when speaking English. I adore it..esecially since its my wifes first language.

Closed to reply