jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Great Places to see in TN

1. thranax profile image52
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Great Places to see in TN

2. profile image0
    Uma07posted 7 years ago

I wonder if you are referring to Tamil Nadu (South Indian state).If you are there are lots of historical & cultural heritages.This could be of some help:
    http://www.saigan.com/heritage/states/tn/plinttn.html

3. Sterling Carter profile image76
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

Here in my great State there are many place of interest.

I guess it would depend on what you want to see.

Water falls?

There is Virgin Falls in Wilderness Pocket, now owned by Bridgestone Firestone. To accces this you need to hike but what a beautiful place. There are several waterfalls along the trail plus the Caney Fork River in the gorge.

Then there is Fall Creek Falls. The tallest waterfall East of the Mississippi. You can drive right up and walk only a couple of yards to see it. It is also a great camping area full of trails and other sites as well.

If you are a Civil War enthusiast in my home county is the gateway to the south. The battle field that changed the course of the war. Fort Donelson National Battle Field. It is located in Dover Tn and very small town right on the shores of the Cumberland River.

Or there is Shiloh National Battle Field. The Battle that changed the war would be fought. This is rather large park with much to see and learn.

If you are into pearls check out Birdsong Bay on Kentucky Lake, yes it is still in Tennessee.

Chattanooga offers Rock City, Battle in the Clouds and an aquarium who's primary focus in on the Tennessee River.   how it is formed and the wildlife the inhabits it.

Everyone knows of Pigeon Forge and Dolly Wood along with the Great Smoky Mountains

For an added treat search Google images of these places. A picture of worth a thousand words.

4. Road Trip Amy profile image61
    Road Trip Amyposted 7 years ago

I just went to Memphis last month as part of a cross-country road trip.  Memphis is definitely worth visiting, and while there I'd recommend (in order of how much I liked them):

1. National Civil Rights Museum (located in what was the Lorraine Hotel, where MLK Jr. was killed).

2. Rendezvous Ribs (best dry-rub ribs I've ever had; get them with a pitcher of Michelob).

3. BB King's (for drinks and live music on Beale Street).

4. Graceland (I'm no Elvis enthusiast, but Graceland is a surreal place that's definitely worth visiting).

5. Huey's (for delicious burgers, plus you can flick the toothpick from your burger into the ceiling).

5. GGtimeshares profile image59
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

If you happen to visit Tennessee you must see the following:   International Towing and Recovery Museum, Dinosaur Walk Museum, Elvis Museum and many more. Just explore the place.

working