jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Welcome! How has travel affected your writing?

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Welcome!  How has travel affected your writing?

2. NataliaValerievna profile image57
    NataliaValerievnaposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the question. Travel in particular my european adventure last year has greatly broadened my horizons and expanded my opinions on many subjects. Previously I was already fairly multicultural and open in my views due to coming from a mixed background and being an immigrant to Canada. When I have an opinion upon any subject whether it be historical, political, controversial etc... I tend to stray from the politically correct line because I know to some extent what life and people are like in other places. My great passion is culture and travelling has helped me to understand individual cultures more, going to France and now living in Quebec I begin to see the parallels and that influences my ideas and my future writing. I am interested in the big picture, in tying together strings from different disciplines in order to explain the world, travel helps me gain a perspective that is not native to my current geography, which is enormously enlightening.

3. Jangaplanet profile image76
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Travel has openned up new ideas and a broader outlook for me regarding cultures and the way people live on an day to day basis. I have learned that in the end ,everyone from any part of the globe has relatively the same concerns and same questions. It has helped me to understand the reality of everyday life. Wich in affect has helped my writing.

4. NorDac profile image59
    NorDacposted 7 years ago

Gave me a completely new subject to write about. Now living in the Dominican Republic and I have a DR blog