jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What city do you live in (U.S.) and why should I bring my children (9 & 11) to v

1. RealHousewife profile image77
    RealHousewifeposted 7 years ago

What city do you live in (U.S.) and why should I bring my children (9 & 11) to vacation there?

2. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 7 years ago

Los Angeles, the city of angels.  Sunny and warm.  Disneyland, Universal Studios.  Hollywood. 

With tickets scored online, you children can see a childrens tv show taping, going back lot and see where many shows and movies are made, go to Disneyland (the happiest place on earth). Dip their toes in the Pacific Ocean, the largest ocean in the world. See celebrities at local eateries, grocery stores and out n'bout. 

Skiing is pretty good an hour away and then have a bonfire at the beach in the same day. 

There are endless things to do here.  Jeepers, you can even take them to Mexico and hour and a half away if they have passports.

3. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Pittsburgh - this town is so family friendly, after 8 years we still haven't done it all.
    Kennywood - locally owned great amusment park
    Sandcastle Water park
    Idlewild/soak zone - little bit of a drive from Pittsburgh but with a amusement park and water park in one, how can you go wrong.
    Pittsburgh zoo/PPG aquarium
    Ducky tours - tour downtown and local rivers on a bus/ship that looks like a duck.
    Dozens of Museums (the Childrens Museum is sooo much fun)
    Carnegy Science Center (easily spend a whole day there)
    Ride the incline for a spectacular view of downtown pittsburgh (great ice cream store at the Mon incline too)
    Always great shows to see in the Theatre district
    Laurel Caverns for the explorors
    I could go on, but I think thats enough for now.

4. framistan profile image58
    framistanposted 7 years ago

I live in St. Louis Missouri.  DON't come here.  We don't have anything here except the gateway arch.  We have no beaches, no mountains, nothing of much interest.

The best place i have ever been is FLORIDA.  They have Disney World (better than the one in California).  They have Cape Canavaral where NASA / Space Program is.  They have Universal studios . In northern Florida, there is a nice campground called Fort Pickens.  It is a Civil War fort and campground.  It is located on Santa Rosa Island near Pensacola (northern florida).

working