jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever had a first-hand experience with a tornado?

1. BenWritings profile image77
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

Have you ever had a first-hand experience with a tornado?

When, where, and what happened?

2. soaps profile image59
    soapsposted 7 years ago

yes, I had when I live in Florida. And also in Sardegna  Italy -Island

3. mckbirdbks profile image88
    mckbirdbksposted 7 years ago

In Wisconsin, years ago. It was more frightening than California's earthquakes because there was warning.

4. Elizabeth99 profile image60
    Elizabeth99posted 7 years ago

Yes actually, when I was really little, still freaks me out though. And I remember it exactly too. Freaky, freaky...I used to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin and one afternoon my mom all of a sudden rushed me and my new born sister outside and around too the cellar. When we got outside, the sky was yellow and the wind was crazy. I could see it coming over the fields and my mom was freaking out trying to open the doors while holding a baby. The tire swing was flippin out and I could feel the charge in the air. Eventually we got in and it missed us, but still one of the freakiest memories ever...

5. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Came close to a couple in Okeechobee, Florida, just on the northern tip of the lake. The first was little more than a dust devil. I was pulling weeds in my mother's rose garden and flnging them behind me. When I turned around to collect them and put them in the wheelbarrow, they were hanging in the air, swirling. It was silent, about six feet high, and carried them into the cow pasture beyond our fence before dissipating. One of the strangest things I've ever seen.

6. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Yes, I lived in Wisconsin and we went to visit my Dad at work. There was a storm brewing and suddenly we looked over head and the funnel cloud was brewing right above us. We hauled butt out of there. That was just about 24 years ago in a little town called Krakow!

7. biman_r profile image72
    biman_rposted 7 years ago

Came really close to one and that too when I was at a vacation to my uncle's house in Florida. Never felt anything as scary as it. When the winds were getting stronger by the moment I could literally feel my heart coming out of my chest as I was very scared(I was only 12 that time). Anyways that's it and I surely don't ever want to face another one.

working