jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Have you ever been to Minnesota?

1. MissJamieD profile image72
    MissJamieDposted 5 years ago

Have you ever been to Minnesota?

I live in Minnesota and was born in Wisconsin. Have you ever been up this way, and if so, what was your experience? Did you enjoy it?

2. JimTxMiller profile image80
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

The land of the frozen chosen is an absolute delight, and, yes, Miss Jamie, I HAVE been up there during winter. Watched bald eagles sky dance above Green Bay! Went on my first snowmobile excursion. Marveled at the myriad of stars, planets and galaxies filling the sky above Wild Rose, WI. Give AnniePie and I a decent cabin in the woods we can afford on combined SS income, and we'll pack up and head out tomorrow!

MissJamieDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's adorable Jim:) It is extremely beautiful up here. My ex and I lived about 500 yds off a river and there were several bald eagles' nests. They'd hover above our house and it seemed like they were so big they'd block out the sun like Armageddon.

3. healthyfitness profile image78
    healthyfitnessposted 5 years ago

Nope. But I want to visit every state one day. What is minnesota like?

MissJamieDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's beautiful, especially the hilly northern part of the state. The north shore of Lake Superior is amazingly beautiful, the wildlife is abundant. The four seasons keep things interesting. Although winter is the longest.

4. intelpages profile image60
    intelpagesposted 5 years ago

No, but I would love to if given the chance!

5. Shadow Jackson profile image72
    Shadow Jacksonposted 5 years ago

I have never been to Minnesota or Wisconsin, but I've met some people from there and they seemed racist. Does anyone else find that to be true?

1. Billie Kelpin profile image88
      Billie Kelpinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you want to find enlightenment in MN, you'll find it at the Student Support Services TRIO Program at North Hennepin Community College. Shelly Seigel is Director/SSS and Michael Birchard, Diversity and Affirmative Action Dean STELLAR HUMAN BEINGS!!

6. Cook n Save Money profile image80
    Cook n Save Moneyposted 5 years ago

I am a transplant to Minnesota.  I lived in Chisago County upon arrival, and now live in Northern MN in Itasca County.

It is lovely up here, but considering I grew up in the Boston area, it is quite a different lifestyle.  I have to drive 15 miles just to get gas and my son's school is 20 miles away. My internet options are non-existant since I do live out in the mega-boonies, so we're on a metered plan that runs us $150-$200 a month. The county doesn't plow us out until well after the snow storm has passed.  Good thing I work from home!

A trip to "the cities" is an event now - there are civilization trappings I do dearly miss. And the mosquitoes in summer can at time drive you indoors.

The trade-offs are the beautiful, absolutely silent, star-filled skies during a winter night, summer days picking berries, flying kites with the kids in the fields without having to worry over powelines and trees,  hearing the wolves howl in the distance - and sometimes even spying them trot across the yard.  There are all the  clean lakes to play in/on year round, and my very nice two-legged neighbors who get a kick out of my accent while vent about the marauding raccoons that ate my long awaited popcorn out of my garden the evening before I was going to pick it.