jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Paris or New York?

1. Anne Oddity profile image60
    Anne Oddityposted 6 years ago

Paris or New York?

This is my conundrum. How do you choose between a holiday in Paris and a holiday in New York?

Or anywhere, for that matter.

What things do you factor in when choosing a holiday destination?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5147313_f260.jpg

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 6 years ago

For me it's always the weather, places of interest to see and affordability.

3. MicahI profile image83
    MicahIposted 6 years ago

I've never been to New York, but I went to Paris on Christmas and it was absolutely beautiful!  For me, I usually choose travel locations that I haven't been too before, just so I can experience the world.

4. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 6 years ago

Paris for sure. New York always comes second. big_smile

5. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Noo York. (Brooklyn accent)                                                .

6. europewalker profile image76
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

I love them both but I would choose Paris. I love that city. The art museums, side walk cafes, little shops that you find as you walk the streets and of course the avenue Champs-Elysées.

7. carolp profile image79
    carolpposted 6 years ago

I rather go to Paris rather than New York. The factors of considering and choosing a place for holiday are: not to far, it could be reach by car as i have to take with us our beloved dog. Of course i wish to visit New York but it is just not ideal for the moment because of our dog.

8. Juan Meza profile image59
    Juan Mezaposted 6 years ago

Definitely Paris! Undoubtedly the US is a baby compared to Paris and all that it holds. The history, language, architecture...all that and more make it the best choice. Unless of course, you've lived there all your life..then New York would seem more...enticing.

9. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

Springtime in Paris is beautiful!! like New York, there's so much to see and do but the cultural differences, there's no contest. Paris is so rich in history. The Eifel tower, Arc de Triumph, Marie Antoinette's farm, The Louvre, Hall of Mirrors, etc, etc are all marvels that leave you breathless. I visited with my son and was blown away by everything Paris has to offer.

10. profile image49
    kayla howardposted 6 years ago

I would pick Paris Because Paris is quiet and fancy food

11. profile image0
    THAT Mary Annposted 6 years ago

Have to agree with the overwhelming majority...if it's Paris of NY...Paris wins every time...elegant, gorgeous city, great public transportation, very walkable, exquisite food, art, shopping...

Rome may be my favorite city in the world...but you said Paris or NY...

Either way, travel safe and enjoy!

working