jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you pack for a flight?

1. talfonso profile image81
    talfonsoposted 6 years ago

How do you pack for a flight?

Almost everyone knows that packing is such a hassle, especially for a domestic or international flight! There's fees for excess baggage, baggage weight limits, and all that hassle!

Those things stress us out, but I have a few questions for my fellow Hubbers out there. What are your methods of packing soon-to-be-checked luggage? What are YOUR tips on organizing your carry-ons for easier security screening? Feel free to share them with me!

2. fordie profile image74
    fordieposted 6 years ago

I like to start packing early. In stage 1 I keep adding anything that might be useful. In stage 2 I cut out those things I can't justify. The final stage on the last day is then only to put things in the bags as appropriate

3. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 6 years ago

For me, I prefer packing light. If 1 bag is enough, I just bring one. But if I know shopping is part of the itinerary, I put a smaller bag into the luggage. You can also try to match your clothes so that you do not need to bring a full set per day.

4. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 6 years ago

Start early so that you can have to remember what you are forgetting. Other than that, just pack what you usually wear for how ever many days you are going for. Also bring things like jackets and boots if the weather could get bad.

5. tarajeyaram profile image60
    tarajeyaramposted 6 years ago

Pack light and travel light is my advice.  This will make things easier for you at the airport.  Please check out my hubs on travelling light:

Luggage 123
    Travel Luggage Tips

6. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 6 years ago

Know about your destination. How do people dress? Will you have access to laundry facilities?

For instance, I travel to Paris every couple of years. I know that, except for the people in my party, noone will notice or care if I wore "that shirt" yesterday!

Make sure that every shirt goes with every pair of pants and/or skirt. If you can wear jeans, you only need 2 pair for a week or more.

Another suggestion I have is to pack everything, and then haul your luggage around your neighborhood and up and down your stairs for a half an hour. If you are over packed, you will know it after that exersize!