jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is it so difficult to say goodbye to university?

1. K Kiss profile image81
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

Why is it so difficult to say goodbye to university?

After the completion of my Bar professional training course, I am having to make a very tough decision - How to pack my life of a student and move back to my home to be a professional? Saying goodbyes to friends is difficult as it is and having to put my life as a student in a suitcase with a cap of 32kg is not helping me. I am just sad right now and I can't help myself.

2. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

It IS so hard...as an undergraduate but especially after a higher degree, which bonds you through a difficult and intense time with your classmates. After grad school, I missed it for so many years. Although the time was difficult, hectic, and one of the hardest times of my  life, I bonded with co-students, learned so much, and became a part of such an intense experience. So, I hope I can validate your feelings of sadness. I still think back to those times in my life, and I am thankful for facebook and other ways to keep in touch with those old friends. Still, sometimes I think I would go back to those times.

3. fawwad hussaini profile image61
    fawwad hussainiposted 6 years ago

@ K K

excellent question, its really difficult to say bye even painful smile

But Everything has some end and we have to start new chapter.

Reason : University is a place where we all reach to fulfill our dream, to accomplish what we desire for our career, we are relaxed. we don't have to rush for marks and we don't miss any opportunity to have fun.
    less restrictions comparatively with school and college life, we interact with folks from diverse locations, this is really a great experience smile

as Lynn said, social networking webs are really blessing to get in touch with the GANG smile

4. profile image0
    Princess Pittposted 6 years ago

I know exactly how you feel ...though i dropped out this year LOL. Theres something about the people you meet, and i so specially missed my Instructor....everyday you meet each other, do stuff together .. it made them part of your life unnoticed.

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image78
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

Ahhh that feeling - brings back memories for me too when I left Uni.  I can understand the feelings you are going through.  It is hard to leave behind that wonderful life and get stuck into the life that will potentially take you through to retirement.

It's hard - so are you going back to Newcastle or somewhere else nice?