This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Have you had a life-changing travelling experience?

1. Megan Coxe profile image72
    Megan Coxeposted 6 years ago

Have you had a life-changing travelling experience?

2. fastfreta profile image78
    fastfretaposted 6 years ago

Yes I've had or rather I'm having a life changing traveling experience as we speak.  I'm actually traveling across country by rail, (2011) and I'm also chronicling it here on hubpages.

3. urbancreation profile image61
    urbancreationposted 6 years ago

Hi Megan!

I absolutely have had a worldly experience that shifted me. I wrote a book about it all called Fall Hard, currently availalble on Lulu and I am working towards it being on Amazon and beyond!!!

I left Cali for 3 months and first hit Barbados and lived in a tiny studio apartment and surfed. I then flew to NY and lived in a Manhattan flat for 3 wks and connected with tons of people. From there I flew to Bahamas (Eleuthera - that just got hit with the hurricane!) and lived there for 6 wks and taught Yoga in exchange for a place to live.

My life has never been the same....and I leave to go back and teach and visit my Bahamian friends in January, then I go to Italy to live in a tiny villiage next May with a friend. Life is an exciting journey!!! Thank you so much for asking!!!

Have you had an a life shifting travel experience? I would love to hear it!!!

4. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

Absolutely! After a city trip to Valencia in Spain, I decided to move to this wonderful city, 9 months later! Life changing it has been, especially since I went on my own and I never had any regrets:-)

5. iviskei profile image74
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

You bet! I was an exchange student in Oguni, Yamagata for a month. I made many friends, learned many things, fell in love with all kinds of awesome foods, and picked up a determination streak. It was the best trip ever. Next stop, Ikebukuro~

6. Megan Coxe profile image72
    Megan Coxeposted 6 years ago

I love hearing about other´s great travelling experiences! I´ve had a couple myself, living in Buenos Aires as a student and then Spain as an English teacher, but by now means am I done! Both times made me more of an open, independent, self-assured person while being humbled by all that I didn´t know and hadn´t seen before.

Some of the things I´ve learned will be posted on hubpages, some of them are just incorporated into the way I view the world and interact with people. The most important part for me, though, is encouraging others to see traveling not just as an escape from the daily grind, but as an opportunity to learn and grow as a person.

7. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5450708_f260.jpg

We are traveling around Australia in our caravan seeing amazing places and animals etc which I love, attended a writers festival & now are writing my first childrens book based on our story !

8. Outbound Dan profile image99
    Outbound Danposted 6 years ago

My greatest life-changing travel event was my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia.  Backpacking over 2,100-miles is the way to see the country.  However walking 12-15 hours a day for 4 1/2 months also gives you time for great reflection.  It likewise made be present to myself and my surroundings in truly seeing what was around me.  I realized that besides all the "stuff" in our life we just need food, water, a comfortable place to sleep. and the company of friendly people.

working