jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes your town a great place to live?

1. nycgrl profile image79
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

What makes your town a great place to live?

I want to hear from everyone what towns they live in and why they love living there.

2. Riviera Rose profile image73
    Riviera Roseposted 6 years ago

Mine's a little medieval village, in the south of France, that sits under a distinctive mountain known as the Baou.  It was formerly a part of Italy, and once it became France, was actually a border town, and still has a little customs house. The locals are friendly and always say 'bonjour', and the views down to the sea are spectacular.  Its big claim to fame is that it was used as the location of Cary Grant's house in the Alfred Hitchcock film 'To Catch A Thief'!  (Oh to run into a Cary Grant lookalike one day...)

3. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 6 years ago

I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada.

My city is great mostly for those who have lived here for quite some time already. It has a very familiar feel to it. The people are friendly and its clean and not run down. It has a great selection of things to do as well as places to visit. And its still growing everyday.

Im sure it has many great stories i cant recall right now, and many diverse success stories from the people who humbly live amongst each other as equals.

I've enjoyed growing up here and im sure most would too.

4. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I don't love living where I am. I'm only here because my husband is military and is stationed at the post a few miles away. The good news is that we are pretty low crime and jobs are almost always available if you know where to look and have flexible hours. It's also one of the top places to raise your child and get a college education.

5. iviskei profile image74
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

It's warm, and modern, and in the middle of no where! Which is great till you need to go do something fun. Aside from fast food places, there is NOTHING here.