jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

Will it freeze long and hard enough so the Canadians can skate?

1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

What weather patterns do you predict for Canada this winter? Will this be the year when global warming makes Canadians roller skate? Can the Canadians do this crossover sport?

1. LRobbins profile image79
      LRobbinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately cold, we've had record low temps for Oct already, so we'll be limited to our 2-3 months of roller blading as usual.Brrrrr.

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

What will be the economic impact of the loss of ice skating? Will the Canadian government help support the failing skating buisnesses? What will happen to the new unemployed?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They can teach surfing smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was trying to be inclusive since you were feeling I was broken record.

2. dutchman1951 profile image59
        dutchman1951posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Will we see a Canadian bail out!!!!!!......lol

Jon

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I'm hoping for global warming smile I do not like winter...I don't like hockey...I don't like ice...I don't like the cold. Can you tell I wasn't born here? smile

Actually, in the past couple of years we have had very few cold, cold days and have had more snow...

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I have a rink in my community that's used for both rollerblades and iceskating. Only problem is it isn't enclosed in winter and kids can't skate for many hours lol we had our first snowfall this past saturday hmm snow hasn't arrived fully till 2 wks before christmas in the last 3 yrs ...been very strange.. usually got snow in October and lakes warm enough to swim by early June. Economic loss? well, how do public ice rinks make their ice? hmm I think of winters as cuddling season and absolutely love the snow. smile

1. profile image0

What town has the canals that freeze and eveyone skates on them?

5. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

Wazzzup. Yep its going to freeze. smile

1. profile image0

Damn! And I was trying to start trouble too!

6. Flightkeeper profile image75
    Flightkeeperposted 8 years ago

It's going to freeze long and hard enough that the Mexicans will have to learn to skate.

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 8 years ago

BRRRR I don't like it cold for a long time. That is why i like living in Cali..got the mountains for snow when I want it, got the beach (though shhh don't tell anyone but I hate the beach!) so yea I'll stay here! Well until hubby gets us stationed elsewhere. lol

working