jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about most airlines charging for baggage that used to be free?

1. peoplepower73 profile image92
    peoplepower73posted 6 years ago

What do you think about most airlines charging for baggage that used to be free?

2. profile image0
    gogogoposted 6 years ago

I think the airllines charged for the wrong thing, they should have charged for passengers to take luggage onboard with them, that way we would not have had so much confusion in cabins, both before take off and on landing.

3. Mr Nice profile image80
    Mr Niceposted 6 years ago

Not fair, they should at least allow one personal checked in baggage for free. Well, there is no such thing as a free lunch for little people unless you are a VIP member.
    If you are a frequent flyer member then there might be some privileges.

4. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

I just recently took a trip and was in conversation with a woman at the boarding gate about this very question.  She had a double carryon suitcase and was told she would have to claim it in baggage b/c the plane was too small to accomodate her luggage.  She was not happy and I didn't blame her.

She said she understood that she could carry on two items and it did not seem fair that she could not do that.  But, she would not have been forced to jam her clothes into two small carryons if she hadn't been so determined to avoid the baggage fees.

I think it is ridiculous, but the claim is that the airlines have to regain financial expenditures to compensate for the loss in fuel costs.