jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite thing to do or see when you go to Key West?

1. cabmgmnt profile image85
    cabmgmntposted 6 years ago

What is your favorite thing to do or see when you go to Key West?

I am going to the Keys in a week. What places do you recommend for visiting, seeing or eating out?

2. profile image0
    Patti Hammondsposted 6 years ago

There is a restaurant called Blue Heaven, info is posted below.
    Blue Heaven ? 729 Thomas Street ? 305-296-8666

This Key West gem located in downtown's Bahama Village has been around since 1992 although the building is over one hundred years old. The atmosphere is the real Key West, very casual with chickens running around the place, tire swing hanging from the tree and all. While all the food served here is out of this world Blue Heaven is best known for its "breakfast with the roosters" served from 8am - 11:45 except for on Sunday when they serve breakfast until 2pm. And to memorialize your visit to Blue Heaven they even have a gift shop where you can purchase a t-shirt or a number of other souvenirs. Reservations are recommended, but you can always have a relaxing wait at the bar sipping a mimosa or another tropical concoction. And parking is a pain, so I suggest walking or taking a taxi.
    8/2006

3. T. R. Brown profile image77
    T. R. Brownposted 6 years ago

I love to go by Turtle Kraals for the food and atmosphere.  It is kind of one of my stand by places down there.  Of course you have to stop in at Hogs Breath and Sloppy Joe's just because.  Then it is sometimes fun to go to the top floor of the Bull & Whistle, just for the curiosity factor.  I also like to do at least something around the EH landmarks.  He is my favorite author, so it is a bit of a ritual.

4. DeborahNeyens profile image97
    DeborahNeyensposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub about Key West a while back.  It should give you lots of ideas.  Key West is my favorite vacation spot and I've been there many times.  Have fun!

http://deborahneyens.hubpages.com/hub/A … n-Key-West

5. gss profile image49
    gssposted 6 years ago

My favorite thing to do may be the obvious, but it is really what we like to do. When we visit Key West, we spend quite a bit of time up and down Duval Street. As was mentioned earlier, Sloppy Joes and Hogs Breath are great starting points. From there we branch out to some of the side joints and shops. I do not remember the name of the little shop, but close to the waterfront is a candy store that has some of the best fudge around. Also, as it gets closer to sunset, we always hang out around Mallory Square to watch the street performers and then the sunset. Maybe a little ordinary, but that kind of day is hard to beat.

working