jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Pick a state...

1. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

Pick a state...

If you had the chance to live in any state, which one would it be, and why? Tell us a little about the state that you choose.

2. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

The state of Bliss. I want to live the remainder of my life fishing.

3. profile image0
    mcals71posted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6346746_f260.jpg

I picked Hawaii because I love the beach and the city life. I lived in Oahu for three years and I miss many things about the Island such as the wonderful mountains of the Pali Hwy, the ride to the North Shore, Waikiki's festive night lights, the restaurants, the trade winds and, believe it or not, even the level of humidity. After awhile it doesn't bother you anymore. Everywhere there are fragrant plumeria trees and flaming hibiscus bushes to delight the eye. You can save on the cost of shoes in Hawaii, because most people wear flip flops or at most sandals over there. As for attire, I wore mumus because they are comfortable and colorful. They come in casual or formal and they can be expensive, depending on the material they are made of. Contrary to what someone might think, summers are way hotter than winters in Hawaii, and there is a lot of difference in the amount of rain you get, depending on whether you live in the center of the island, where there are hills and mountains, or the east shore. I always felt sorry for the tourists who visited Waikiki for any one week in the months of February and early March, because it rains a lot, no matter where you are and you can't go to the beach. I love the Hilton Village in downtown Waikiki, that was my favorite hangout. The cost of living is extremely high in Hawaii. Also, after awhile you might start feeling caged in, because it only takes four hour to tour the perimeter of Oahu by car, but if you only go there to visit, or if you have the financial means to indulge, and flying roaches (affectionately referred to as the Hawaii state bird) don't bother you, then I would highly recommend it.

4. Chris Neal profile image77
    Chris Nealposted 6 years ago

Sometimes, where you would choose to live depends on where you already are! Sometimes not! read more

5. bankscottage profile image96
    bankscottageposted 6 years ago

Maine, I love the weather.  No, really I do!  I lived in Maine for 8 years and still have a camp on a lake for summers (see my profile picture).  I never minded bright sunny, brutally cold days (once it gets below minus 10 it doesn't really matter).  And, if you can tolerate the cold winters, you are rewarded with fantastic summers, long days, cool evenings.  There is so much to do outdoors in Maine in all seasons and in my opinion, the scenery is some of the most beautiful on earth.  The only seasons in Maine that I could do without are mud and black fly.

If you have never been to Maine, you should add it to your list of places to see.  But, try to really experience it.  Don't just go to the places the tourists go, go where the locals go.

Maybe mcals and I could compare and contrast life on a Hawaiian island to life on an island in Maine.  I have been to Hawaii and enjoy it and hope to go back.  But, I know I will always go back to Maine.

6. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

bankscottage, I totally hear you on the black fly season. I don't mind the mud, but I can do without the bugs. I live right on the border of Maine. What town is your camp in? Maybe we are neighbors...lol.
    I do tire of the long winters. But, again, you are right, the other seasons are great.
    mcals, I would love to visit Hawaii. My husband has been, and I have heard great stories. Not big into flying roaches though. He never told me about those. Isn't it expensive to live there.
    Gusser, I think everyone wants that.

7. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

It has been my great pleasure and gift, to have lived in 47 of the 50 USofA states.

I onced said...................If I ever get back to Montana, I ain't coming back out.........

since that declaration..........my hubby has never accepted an industrial project there..................

makes me question the value of his Carhartts!

8. shara63 profile image69
    shara63posted 6 years ago

The state of Peace...and i'm still in search of it!

working