jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes Summer special for you?

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

What makes Summer special for you?

any spectacular things you do that make this a great time of year

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6587170_f260.jpg

2. annart profile image88
    annartposted 5 years ago

I'm out in the fresh air, walking with my granddaughter, smelling the flowers and basking in the sun.  The smell of freshly mown grass from people's gardens is wonderful.  It boosts the morale, keeps you healthy and puts a smile on everyone's face - which in turn makes others smile back.  Then we go off to France to relax in the countryside and enjoy the wine and cheese.  All of it's GREAT!

3. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Nature's beauty. It energizes me and causes me to appreciate life. I cherish this most about summer because I'm actually not a summer-lover: I can't stand the heat! I like fall and winter...a different kind of beauty. But there's nothing like the green of the trees, colorful flowers, blue skies, and the joy of experiencing it.

4. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I'm not a hot weather fan, and summers in So. Cal. are brutal in the inland valley where I live. I would have to say alfresco dining and outdoor concerts  or baseball games are among my favorite things as well as fire pits at the beach.

5. AmyEliza profile image60
    AmyElizaposted 5 years ago

Going to the cottage. I don't have a cottage of my own but I would go on family vacations up north as a child with my family. These days I'm lucky to get invited to a cottage or be able to rent one out. I have some of the best memories if summer at a cottage.

working