jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

what makes him/her so special?

1. tymmy profile image59
    tymmyposted 7 years ago

what makes him/her so special?

I look at my parents, after all these years they are still together, still waxing strong, and I wonder, what makes your spouse, boyfriend or girlfriend so special that you stick to him/her no matter what?

2. Stephanieaaarrr profile image60
    Stephanieaaarrrposted 7 years ago

Knowing I can tell her anything and everything without worrying about what she's going to say. Requited feelings aren't too bad either =P I'm not sure how to properly describe it, but after two years every day still feels like Valentine's Day and we're going as strong as we ever were. We're there for eachother and we always have the other's best interest at heart.

Trust was something I had to learn early on. She was patient with me and I learned that it's okay to trust people again.

I guess it's not so much what's special about her as it is what's special about us. We make a good team and she's my best friend.

3. Visual Hobbyist profile image59
    Visual Hobbyistposted 7 years ago

It's not only the big commitments that matter, like honesty, trust, affection, communication, etc., but also a lot of the small things that we sometimes look over that really keep me smitten. To list a few:

1) He's a gentleman (opens the car door for me all the time, holds out his arm to me)

2) He's not shy to throw on "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra and dance me around my living room.

3) He loves my cooking, even though I still struggle at it.

4) He'll throw away my snotty tissues after we've been fighting and I've been crying my eyes out. And still think I'm beautiful.

5) He's not afraid to say that he loves me. Many times throughout the day.

I think the little details really tie the whole package together and make him that special someone for me~

4. Jarn profile image81
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Their willingness to tolerate your BS when everyone else has dropped you like a bad habit smile

5. roadrockafella profile image60
    roadrockafellaposted 7 years ago

When you realize why your relationships never worked out with anybody else, but her.

6. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

The two of us being different enough to keep things interesting but similar enough to get along.

She's the mother of my children, and does an amazing job with them.

She puts up with all my b.s., no matter how assinine it may be.

She is the most caring and loving person I know.

The fact I sincerely feel like I can tell her anything or share any secret without fear of judgement.

Somehow, we always seem to get along and have fun, even when things are going crappy.

I could go on and on, but that's a start, at least.

7. Libra Rajani profile image60
    Libra Rajaniposted 7 years ago

We can have the worst argument and he still gets up in the morning to get me a cup of coffee.