What is the coolest thing you have ever done?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (44 posts)
  1. ciaralw profile image60
    ciaralwposted 12 years ago

What is the coolest thing you have ever done?

I would love to hear about the awesome, unique, and chance of a lifetime experience that others have had. Remember that life is amazing.

2. kjrzeek1 profile image56
    kjrzeek1posted 12 years ago

While in Hawaii on my honeymoon, I took a Zodiac raft tour up the coast of Kauai which was only accessible by boat or helicopter.  It was amazing.  Dolphins swam next to the raft, I snorkeled with sea turtles, and even went into the side of a mountain under a waterfall.   That was the coolest place I have ever been, and the coolest thing I have ever done was the Hero Rush Race, adventure race.

ciaralwposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your coolest place sounds like what dreams are made of! Awesome. And the Hero Rush Race sounds very interesting, I might have to google it to learn more, unless you would like to share that too smile. Thank you for sharing.

2. jeanihess profile image60
      jeanihessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wish that I could swim with dolphins:)

3. kjrzeek1 profile image56
      kjrzeek1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to google the Hero Rush Race, I wrote a hub about it....Stop by and check it out!

4. ciaralw profile image60

I was hoping you would say that. Thank you, I will.

3. balanoid profile image61
    balanoidposted 12 years ago

Visited the taj mahal in agra while on a business trip in India.  Mybe it is common knowledge, but the prince that built this palace was for the love of his life.  She condemend the palace as a tasteless show of wealth and refused to marry the prince.  He is now burried in the bowles of the tower.

That is very cool. I had heard about it being made for his love but the rest I didn't know. Thank you for sharing.

He should have consulted with her first!

3. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
      ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same here!

4. jeanihess profile image60
    jeanihessposted 12 years ago

Now you have my mind in a spin!
    Starting a center for handicapped children or creating and running a center for children with learning challenges and dyslexia in my house because there were no accessible services during Apartheid South Africa for them, or meeting Madiba, being part of the team in a voting site for our first democratic elections in South Africa; the wonderful gift to fly to and stay in  Eton and the UAE for a month long holiday; teaching in Saudi and exploring Dubai some more or getting a house after I thought that I never might again?
    Then there are things like challenging legislation in Bill and Schedule form  and having the Constitutional Court agreeing with my submissions thus winning and reading my submissions for the conduct of councilors in parliament and having these added to the legislation.
    Introducing a whole new system for prepacked medications according to prescriptions to dispense chronic medication for hospital patients or getting a university qualification as an older woman...
    There are so many things. It is hard to choose:)
    Except for the Saudi stint the rest were all community volunteer work.
    Perhaps the coolest thing is just to live?

I agree and living isn't just being alive. You are living in a very productive way and I am very pleased to hear that you have contributed so much to others. That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. smile I too want to get involved with helping others.

So what is your coolest collection of things:)

3. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
      ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is quite cool too.

5. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 12 years ago

Snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

=o That is soooo cool!

6. profile image0
    whowasposted 12 years ago

Loved my partner and our children through thick and thin, ups and downs, come what may. promising myself and them that I always will, whatever that may mean and knowing that it is true. Yes, I thought about this a lot and it's the only honest answer I can give. That must definitely be the coolest thing I have ever done.

That kicks all my other achievements into touch.

I love that. I can see how this is the coolest thing anyone can do because it is so rewarding and important in life. They will always remember that. smile

In the end love is commitment in action; a decision to not be dictated to by fluctuating feelings and affections which can be affected by so many things:)

3. profile image0
      whowasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree with that. It is too common an error that people define love purely in terms of sentiment. Love is a decision, a choice you make. It's a verb, after all. To love. A doing word.

4. jeanihess profile image60

It becomes so much easier hey, when you understand that emotions are not your master and that you can control them, your thoughts and your actions towards your own and the happiness of other people:)

7. profile image0
    Gusserposted 12 years ago

Pitched a 1 hitter in a World Series game.

1. Bill Yovino profile image89
      Bill Yovinoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, really? When?

2. profile image0
      Gusserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Long while ago, I'm 63 now. Don't want my identity known here.

3. ciaralw profile image60

Wow! Thanks for sharing. That is truly an accomplishment!

4. profile image0
      Gusserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I won't give my real age or the date but for those in the know, Sox. It was a great feeling.

8. gmaoli profile image60
    gmaoliposted 12 years ago

Back in 1999 right after I graduated high school, I auditioned for a concert band that would tour Europe for the month of July.  I made the cut and we performed in Austria, Germany, Luxemberg, Switzerland, Italy, and Paris.  I saw some incredible sights while we toured.  The whole thing was just incredible fun!

Being a music lover and singer myself, I love your answer! What an amazing experience.

2. gmaoli profile image60
      gmaoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to hear that!  Were you in a choir or do you sing professionally?

3. ciaralw profile image60

I was in a choir, but I am too shy to perform publicly so I just sing for family mostly. I've been asked to collaborate with friends and even join a girl group, but I would rather hide. Still, music soothes my soul so it will always be a part of me.

9. bdegiulio profile image96
    bdegiulioposted 12 years ago

Adopted 2 girls.  They are sisters and were in foster care under the control of DSS.  They needed a good home and my wife and I were looking into adoption at the time.  You never know where life is going to take you.

I was in foster care myself, but was later reunited with my mother. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. You are amazing my friend.

Lost my mom when I was a little girl and my dad had to go away so I lived with my grandpa and Aunt for some years. Children need security and love:)

10. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 12 years ago

Have my daughter who is 25 and meet the man of my dreams which exceeds any person I have ever known. thats two I know but can't leave either out!

1. jeanihess profile image60

Be happy with both- enjoy them:)

2. ciaralw profile image60

Very nice, I am very glad that you shared this. smile Love is cool. Family is cooler than cool.

11. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years ago

Being a widow, myself, for a long time, I gave the newest widow in our community $500.00 to help her out and asked her to pass it on to the next newly widowed woman on the block, who should promise also to pass it on.

As we prayed that the money would draw more money to her purse, a neighbour from her street in Atlanta Georgia,  came forward with $1000.00 contributed by people on her street.

If that was not cool I don't know what was.

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
      Diane Woodsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love your coooooolllll story and will be following you I hope!!

2. ciaralw profile image60

That is beautiful! You gave so much more than money, but relation and support for someone who was in need. I'm sure that you made a bigger difference than you know.

3. jeanihess profile image60

Wonderful:)

12. ciaralw profile image60
    ciaralwposted 12 years ago

Thank you Jeanihess for asking. I have a list like you, here it is.

Experiencing the birth of my youngest brother and cutting the umbilical cord.
    Having a child of my own to teach and watch grow.
    Going on vacation to Lake Mead in Las Vegas, Nevada. We rented a house boat and jet skis.
    I met Junior Seau at his restaurant in 2004 here's a pic http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34 … 1252_n.jpg
    I visited Wisconsin and watched my oldest younger brother graduate from high school after being separated for 16 years.
    I went to a Women's Retreat to Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernadino mountains in California.
    Going to college was really cool. I'm going back for more soon.
    And I rode a party bus for the first time not too long ago from carlsbad california to san diego california, it's exactly what it's called. It was so much fun!!!!!!

Being so amazed by life and art, the list can go on but these were the coolest to me.

1. jeanihess profile image60

Something tells me that the family things are pretty high on your list:) Good, because we hardly get to do any of the other stuff without that:Good or bad,we learn in the heart of family how to respond to life. I have two grown sons myself.

13. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 12 years ago

I've gone to Europe twice before I turned 19! Haha I think that's pretty cool. I also had the opportunity to go ziplining, which was amazing.

That is really cool.  Thank you for sharing.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)