jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

If you could go back in time for one week, to what time would you go and what wo

1. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

If you could go back in time for one week, to what time would you go and what would you do there?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6781658_f260.jpg

2. chipped teacup profile image91
    chipped teacupposted 5 years ago

Nice question!  I would want to go back to exactly one week ago and simply observe myself (without being seen by me of course).  I would examine the little choices I make everyday and how it brings me to the present moment.  The change in perspective, watching myself from the outside, would be very interesting to me.

3. maharg1956 profile image73
    maharg1956posted 5 years ago

3 Years ago my wife had a minor procedure that went wrong and she nearly died. She had to have major surgery and was in hospital for 6 weeks. It should have only been 2 hours.

She has never been well since that day and has had a terrible 3 years with a poor future outlook.

I would go back to march 17th, 2009 and tell her not to have the procedure and then enjoy the rest of that week with her

1. floriferous profile image60
      floriferousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Maharg, I feel for you both. So sorry.

4. kathyjones1952@at profile image60
    kathyjones1952@atposted 5 years ago

I would like to go back to the days of the old west, which would be in the 1800s.  There was no such thing as a car back then and I could ride horseback all the time.  I love to ride horseback!  I'm actually happy to be living in this day and age, though, because we have so many improvements now, especially in the medical field.  I watch "Little House On The Prairie" a lot.  That's what made me think of this.  I've often jokingly said that if gas prices keep going up and if I keep having so much car trouble (I'm thankful that I haven't had any car trouble here lately), I'm going back to horses, LOL!!!!

5. Kaili Bisson profile image98
    Kaili Bissonposted 5 years ago

What a fabulous question...should I be Maid Marian? Would that I be at the court of Elizabeth I? If I had to choose though, I think I would choose something more current. I would go back to the Paris Peace Conference of 1919, where Woodrow Wilson (United States), David Lloyd George (Britain), and George Clemenceau (France) shaped the world that we live in today. I would have been an observer, advisor and perhaps even an influencer. So many of the challenges we have faced in the 20th and 21st centuries resulted from decisions made back in 1919.

6. floriferous profile image60
    floriferousposted 5 years ago

I think I'd go back in time to my youth and not do a few things, or do a few things that would make a difference in my life today. No idea what those things are yet, but what an opportunity.

My less narcissistic response would be to go back to 16th century London as an omnipresent observer in the court of Henry VIII.

7. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

Great question! So many eras and events . . . I think i would go back for a weeks tuition under the great Italian Artists like Michelangelo and Da Vinci. I would love to see them working on the pieces that have become so famous and respected the world over.

8. Ugly Honest profile image76
    Ugly Honestposted 5 years ago

I'd like to have been one of America's Founding Fathers to ensure "term limits" were constitutionally mandated for both the Congress and Senate .....  Either that or I I'd want to have been able to prevent the assassination of President Kennedy.
    This is just my opinion of course but I feel that were I able to accomplish either one or both these wishes .... America would be a much better nation .... Well, my kind of better anyway ....

working