jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have got one week in Germany. Where would you recommend I go?

1. dobo700 profile image59
    dobo700posted 5 years ago

I have got one week in Germany. Where would you recommend I go?

2. suzettenaples profile image89
    suzettenaplesposted 5 years ago

Fly into Frankfurt International Airport.  Rent a car if you can or go by train, first to the tiny hamlet of Mespelbrunn to see an original castle and moat standing since the middle ages.  After seeing this continue down the road to Wurzburg, Germany.  Lovely, elegant city.  Stop at the visitors bureau at the Markplatz for maps and things to see there.  Continue on the Romantic Road to Rothenburg, a must see.  It is an original walled medieval town.  Fun and full of history and art.  DO NOT miss the beautiful carved altar in the St. Jakob's church in Rothenburg, carved by Tilman Riemenschneider.  Continue on Romantic Road to Nuremburg and then on to Munich.  Home of the Hofbrau house - you don't want to miss this - but also lovely architecture and art here.  This is the capital city of Bavaria.  Then on to any of the following towns:  Oberammergau - home of the Passion Play, Partinkirchen, Garmish, Ettel, Murnau - any of these towns  give you a great Southern Bavarian experience depending on what you want to experience.  I wish I was going along as I lived in Wurzburg, Germany for a year back in the 1980's and I loved it.  The German people of Wurzburg are friendly and open.  Have a wonderful trip and write all about it on HP when you return!

3. gmarquardt profile image87
    gmarquardtposted 5 years ago

I suppose it depends on what airport you land in, but... starting from east to west:
    Dresden, Weimar, W├╝rzburg, Trier, and anywhere along the Mosel and Rhine rivers! Enjoy!!!

4. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

I would suggest in the south of Germany. At Chiemsee where you can visit the amazing palace of King Ludwig II, the Heerenchiemsee, Fraueninsel and some other beautiful places nearby like the Bavarian Alps. Munich is not far as well, so you can visit the city and try drinking German beer and of course eating German cuisine. Yummy! Enjoy your stay in Germany.

5. Suzie HQ profile image95
    Suzie HQposted 5 years ago

I would recommend The Black Forrest area. So picturesque with mountains, lakes, lovely towns . . . .a place with much variety for everyone.