jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How many US states have you visited? How many have you lived in?

1. howlermunkey profile image89
    howlermunkeyposted 5 years ago

How many US states have you visited? How many have you lived in?

2. JenPaxton profile image84
    JenPaxtonposted 5 years ago

I have lived in 2 and I've been to 26 of them.  Taken numerous road trips/plane trips throughout the midwest, south, upper midwest, northeast, and southwest.  I was born and raised in California and I now live in Missouri - talk about a culture shock, they are worlds away.

3. Shushanik profile image92
    Shushanikposted 5 years ago

I have lived in 2 (New York and California), and have visited 10 (11 if count plane layovers). For 4 years of my life in the U.S., it seems pretty good smile

4. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I've lived in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Florida, Texas and New York and I've visited all the states in between.

5. gmarquardt profile image87
    gmarquardtposted 5 years ago

All of them west of the Mississippi. I have not yet travelled to the east coast, but I have flown over many of the eastern states!

6. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Lived in 3 states. Visited 15. Honestly, I don't want to visit many more. Europe seems to be more interesting from personal experience.

7. NC4Life078 profile image86
    NC4Life078posted 5 years ago

Visited 28 States, Lived in 3 (MN, CA, OH) for more than 1 year.

I don't consider "Driving through" visiting a state. Unless you actually see things and stay there for 2+ days I don't see it as "visiting". This is just my own personal opinion for I am very strict on myself.

8. bdegiulio profile image99
    bdegiulioposted 5 years ago

I've lived in 4; Rhode Island, Connecticut, California and Massachusetts.  I've visited 42 so only 8 to go to get them all.

9. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

I've been to 17 states and I've lived in Texas my whole life.

10. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

Lived in 7, traveled through most except Alaska.

11. freecampingaussie profile image59
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I have spent time in New York - LA & San Francisco but lived in none as I am British/Australian , hopefully I will visit more next year .