jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

When is the best time to buy an airline ticket?

1. greeneryday profile image79
    greenerydayposted 5 years ago

When is the best time to buy an airline ticket?

2. cfin profile image81
    cfinposted 5 years ago

Tuesday I think. Although the only way to do it, is to keep checking until it drops. Same day flights can be really cheap, but only if they have are not heavily booked. It's really hard to tell, but they will usually you should not buy on Saturday or Sunday,

1. greeneryday profile image79
      greenerydayposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Tuesday? I got check that up.. thanks..

3. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Best results come from buying them in advance of your planned flight.

4. titi6601 profile image73
    titi6601posted 5 years ago

Usually the best days to fly that are the cheepest is Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Also, when there are no Holidays.

5. novascotiamiss profile image85
    novascotiamissposted 5 years ago

this totally depends on your destination and cannot be generalized. In between big cities with many business travellers flights from Monday - Wednesday are usually cheaper whereas to holiday destinations it's quite often on the Weekends. I book our flights through expedia or travelocity and it sometimes takes me days or weeks until I book them. The idea is to check every day but enter different dates. It pays to be flexible. Last year I booked airline tickets from Canada to Switzerland and then on to South Africa & back to Canada for just over $ 1'800 per ticket. I got quotes for the same flights for up to $ 6'000 for just flying a few days earlier or later. If you play around with different dates within a 2 week period you are likely to get astonishing results. Of course shoulder or off-season flights are usually a lot cheaper so avoid travelling during the main holiday season. I also subscribe to several travel e-newsletters so I always no why airline has a special on.

working