jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

If you could travel through time...

1. viveresperando profile image74
    viveresperandoposted 5 years ago

If you could travel through time...

If you could travel through time but only had one opportunity... would you travel to the future or would you travel to the past? and why?

2. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

Travelling to the past would mean undoing my family and that would be too painful, although I would love to change my painful childhood. I would travel to the future to see if it's worse or better and return to improve what needs improving and maintain what's good.

3. jcales profile image62
    jcalesposted 5 years ago

I'd travel to the past 20 years back, use a great idea before someone else did, then travel into the future with my 20 year old body and mind.

1. viveresperando profile image74
      viveresperandoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol, I like the idea of going back and getting my 20 year old body back.... but the question would.... when you go to the future.. would you be able to really take you 20 year old body back? with you?

4. snapbackbetty profile image67
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

I would definately go back to my past. I would go straight back to school and get college over all at one time instead of breaking it up and doing it little by little.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

Time traveling is one of those speculative issues.  I will take your question and add that you would only be an observer who could not be seen by others. Thus, you could not change what has happened if you go into the past.

Now, I would choose the past over the future, because we do not have a road map to the future, so how far do we go into the future? What would be a good year or century. Would knowing the future allow us to alter it and would not be good or bad, because we could not predict the unintended consequences of our actions.

Thus, I would like to into the past and since I studied a lot of American History, I would  to have been at the Continental Congress when it was working on the Declaration of Independence. To hear how people with such diverse interests came up with such an outstanding document would be an amazing experience.

Closed to reply