jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

For a short-term duration, do you like maid service while you are staying at a h

1. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

For a short-term duration, do you like maid service while you are staying at a hotel?

When I stay for 1-3 days at a hotel, I will place the Do Not Disturb sign on the door because I just don't like the idea of someone coming into my room when I am not there, or even just to clean the room when I am there.  I take out my own garbage and there are always plenty of towels to use so I have no need for maid service.  What about you -- do you like daily maid service when staying at a hotel?

2. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 5 years ago

Not really because I'm sort of a socially awkward hermit... I like to avoid people at all costs. smile I totally agree with you here about the towels and taking trash out yourself. Also, there are people who will steal your things when you're not there, even if you hide them...

Efficient Adminposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I would rather not have to deal with the service, nor do I want them in my room when I'm not there, for that reason.  Not saying all of them do that, but you never know.

3. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

No, I'd rather just handle everything myself, and then after check out they can have the room.

Yes I agree. The last time I was at the beach, the room next door let the maid in and they were chatting up a storm for a whole hour. I put my "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door right away.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I don't mind it. It's nice to come back to a made bed.

5. Victoria Anne profile image96
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

I agree with you. If I'm only there for a few days I don't feel the need for the maid. It kind of creeps me out to come back to the room and see that someone has picked up the clothes I threw on the floor. I understand it's their job but I just feel weird...

I agree, I don't think I want a stranger touching my clothes or anything else while I am away from the room.

6. tanniew78 profile image58
    tanniew78posted 5 years ago

Yes I do like it. My motto is to never bring anything I don't want to have to worry about being rifled through or stolen....

7. kowalskidj profile image61
    kowalskidjposted 5 years ago

I lived in an extended-stay hotel over the summer for an internship in Denver.  I really enjoyed having the maid service clean my room every Tuesday and Thursday.  However, I recently traveled over the holidays and stayed in a very nice hotel in Chesterfield, MO.  As I came back during the afternoons, my room was already cleaned and my bed was made.  This was fine and dandy but things that I left on the floor and bed were moved around and it kind of made me a little worried about things getting stolen and misplaced. 

It would be very nice to have them just ask about cleaning your room when you first check in.  I think it would definitely make the maids' jobs easier as well as lead to less complaints.

working