jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Where do YOU go when you are TIRED OF IT ALL and want to get away from IT ALL?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Where do  YOU go when you are TIRED OF IT ALL and want to get away from IT ALL?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7900520_f260.jpg

2. miss_jkim profile image82
    miss_jkimposted 5 years ago

My favorite escape is a quiet little town on the beach. I like to find a place to sit and listen to the waves crashing against the shoreline; to feel the ocean breeze and the sun shining down on me. I can lay back and let the cares and concerns of life drift, with the waves, back out to sea.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Into my head!  I have a fictional story going in my mind all the time. I like to lay down and go to this place, add details to the story, move it all along with twists and turns.  Sometimes at night I get so involved and excited about where the story is going I can't fall asleep.

I started this method years ago ( early 70's) during a severe depression. I could not sleep so as I lay there I started the kind of story I enjoyed reading. Each night I added more details, more plot and eventually I was looking forward to going to bed to see where the story would go.

It ended up being my first book, A Distant Calling.  I've used this method every since then when I really need to escape this life for a little bit.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent, using one's imagination is a GOOD way to get away from it all!

working